Old 11-09-2006, 10:14 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Squirrels

Hi All,

Does anyone know of a effective method for deterring squirrels? I've a
number of the little bleeders in my garden and would be very grateful if I
could stop them burrowing into my pots to see if there are any bulbs (there
aren't, they had them years ago!).

Thanks

Old 11-09-2006, 11:15 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Endulini" wrote in message
Hi All,

Does anyone know of a effective method for deterring squirrels?

Yes. Move into a tower block

Preferably above the eighth floor.

michael adams

Thanks

Old 11-09-2006, 05:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Endulini wrote:
Hi All,

Does anyone know of a effective method for deterring squirrels? I've a
number of the little bleeders in my garden and would be very grateful if I
could stop them burrowing into my pots to see if there are any bulbs (there
aren't, they had them years ago!).

Cats and dogs. Works for us.

Old 11-09-2006, 05:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Endulini" wrote in message
Hi All,

Does anyone know of a effective method for deterring squirrels? I've a
number of the little bleeders in my garden and would be very grateful if I
could stop them burrowing into my pots to see if there are any bulbs
(there
aren't, they had them years ago!).

Thanks

I know I've sent a link to this before in another thread, but it is worth a
read :-)
http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2...e/050829&num=0

Chris S

Old 16-09-2006, 12:29 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Tom Tom is offline

To deter crows, tie a dead one up for all crows to see. They will ignore
your place and leave you in peace.
As for squirrels, a similar trick might work.

Tom

Old 18-09-2006, 07:36 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

, I, Marvo, say :

To deter crows, tie a dead one up for all crows to see. They will
ignore your place and leave you in peace.
As for squirrels, a similar trick might work.

I wonder, would this technique work for chavs?

Old 18-09-2006, 07:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Tom" wrote in message
To deter crows, tie a dead one up for all crows to see. They will ignore
your place and leave you in peace.
As for squirrels, a similar trick might work.

IRTA 'cows' - the mind boggles :~)
Jenny

Old 19-09-2006, 05:25 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Martin" wrote in message
On Mon, 18 Sep 2006 20:05:19 +0200, "JennyC"
wrote:

"Tom" wrote in message
To deter crows, tie a dead one up for all crows to see. They will
ignore
your place and leave you in peace.
As for squirrels, a similar trick might work.

IRTA 'cows' - the mind boggles :~)

Amazing, me too. Scary.
Martin

http://www.cowdepot.com/cowxmas.html
Jenny :~))

Old 19-09-2006, 09:35 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
BAC BAC is offline

"JennyC" wrote in message

"Tom" wrote in message
To deter crows, tie a dead one up for all crows to see. They will

ignore
your place and leave you in peace.
As for squirrels, a similar trick might work.

IRTA 'cows' - the mind boggles :~)

I thought Tom was quoting from an old John Wayne movie :-)

Old 20-09-2006, 06:21 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Martin" wrote
http://www.cowdepot.com/cowxmas.html

Mr Alun Jones of Tredegar says "I haven't had a cow jump on my car
since I bought one".

Memorable excuse for somebody being late for work when I worked in S
Wales was " A cow jumped over a hedge and flattened the front of my
Hillman Imp"
Martin

What was the bull doing in the pasture with his eyes closed?

Bull-dozin'

*

Do you know why the cow jumped over the moon?

The farmer had cold hands

What was the bull doing in the pasture with his eyes closed?

Bull-dozin'

*

Do you know why the cow jumped over the moon?

The farmer had cold hands.

*

What did the bored cow say when she got up in the morning?

"It's just an udder day"

*

How does a farmer count a herd of cows?

With a Cowlculator

What to do with grey squirrels - M Ogilvie pro hunt nut and extremist, adviser for SNH suggests we should eat squirrels! [email protected] United Kingdom 15 19-10-2007 01:34 AM
Baby Squirrels, Was: Saw my first robin today :( zhanataya Gardening 2 08-02-2003 08:24 PM
[IBC] Squirrels dalecochoy Bonsai 3 06-02-2003 11:27 AM
[IBC] ***** [IBC] Squirrels Jim Lewis Bonsai 1 29-01-2003 12:19 AM
Squirrels Iris Cohen Bonsai 0 28-01-2003 02:08 PM