GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   fluorescent plant stand (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/149670-fluorescent-plant-stand.html)

solaara 17-09-2006 05:56 PM

fluorescent plant stand

Can anyone tell me where to buy a fluorescent plant stand, in the u.k, for my african violets?
They only seem to have them on the American sites and do not deliver to Europe...

Pam Moore 18-09-2006 03:30 PM

fluorescent plant stand

On Sun, 17 Sep 2006 17:56:23 +0100, solaara
wrote:

Can anyone tell me where to buy a fluorescent plant stand, in the u.k,
for my african violets?
They only seem to have them on the American sites and do not deliver to
Europe...

Do you have a picture?

Pam in Bristol

Uncle Marvo 18-09-2006 03:35 PM

fluorescent plant stand

, I, Marvo, say :

wrote:

Can anyone tell me where to buy a fluorescent plant stand, in the
u.k, for my african violets?
They only seem to have them on the American sites and do not deliver
to Europe...

Do you have a picture?

I can tell you where to get fluorescent paint from ... did you want it to be
dayglo or actually to glow in the dark, and if so, for how long between
light periods? I might have some other ideas, having as I do a selection of
materials on this 'ere desk awaiting the start of experimentation.

La Puce 18-09-2006 03:41 PM

fluorescent plant stand

Uncle Marvo wrote:
I can tell you where to get fluorescent paint from ... did you want it to be
dayglo or actually to glow in the dark, and if so, for how long between
light periods? I might have some other ideas, having as I do a selection of
materials on this 'ere desk awaiting the start of experimentation.

Not in my dining room you will not !! And that goes for the kitchen too
!

Uncle Marvo 18-09-2006 03:42 PM

fluorescent plant stand

, I, Marvo, say :

Uncle Marvo wrote:
I can tell you where to get fluorescent paint from ... did you want
it to be dayglo or actually to glow in the dark, and if so, for how
long between light periods? I might have some other ideas, having as
I do a selection of materials on this 'ere desk awaiting the start
of experimentation.

Not in my dining room you will not !! And that goes for the kitchen
too !

I can't do it in the kitchen, I need /somewhere/ to park my motorbike. Look,
I'll buy you a takeaway and we'll use the dining room, OK?

JennyC 18-09-2006 06:09 PM

fluorescent plant stand

"solaara" wrote in message

Can anyone tell me where to buy a fluorescent plant stand, in the u.k,
for my african violets?
They only seem to have them on the American sites and do not deliver to
Europe...
solaara

Fascinating ..... never heard of them..........presume you mean these:
http://homeharvest.com/fluorescentplantcarts.htm

Maybe you could build your own or check out a growshop :~)
Jenny

Uncle Marvo 19-09-2006 10:33 AM

fluorescent plant stand

, I, Marvo, say :

"solaara" wrote in message

Can anyone tell me where to buy a fluorescent plant stand, in the
u.k, for my african violets?
They only seem to have them on the American sites and do not deliver
to Europe...
solaara

Fascinating ..... never heard of them..........presume you mean these:
http://homeharvest.com/fluorescentplantcarts.htm

Maybe you could build your own or check out a growshop :~)
Jenny

Ah, plant stands WITH fluorescent tube lighting in. Not fluorescent plant
stands.

Never heard of them either, but I'm going to look into it. They look cool.

Uncle Marvo 19-09-2006 10:36 AM

fluorescent plant stand

this in , I, Marvo, say :

, I, Marvo, say :

"solaara" wrote in message

Can anyone tell me where to buy a fluorescent plant stand, in the
u.k, for my african violets?
They only seem to have them on the American sites and do not deliver
to Europe...
solaara

Fascinating ..... never heard of them..........presume you mean
these:
http://homeharvest.com/fluorescentplantcarts.htm

Maybe you could build your own or check out a growshop :~)
Jenny

Ah, plant stands WITH fluorescent tube lighting in. Not fluorescent
plant stands.

Never heard of them either, but I'm going to look into it. They look
cool.

http://www.lightbulbs-direct.com/var...l.asp?var=3702

For instance. All you need is a stand and some wire. I must look harder ...