Old 17-09-2006, 05:56 PM
Registered User

Question fluorescent plant stand

Can anyone tell me where to buy a fluorescent plant stand, in the u.k, for my african violets?
They only seem to have them on the American sites and do not deliver to Europe...
Old 18-09-2006, 03:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default fluorescent plant stand

On Sun, 17 Sep 2006 17:56:23 +0100, solaara
wrote:

Can anyone tell me where to buy a fluorescent plant stand, in the u.k,
for my african violets?
They only seem to have them on the American sites and do not deliver to
Europe...

Do you have a picture?

Pam in Bristol
Old 18-09-2006, 03:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Uncle Marvo wrote:
I can tell you where to get fluorescent paint from ... did you want it to be
dayglo or actually to glow in the dark, and if so, for how long between
light periods? I might have some other ideas, having as I do a selection of
materials on this 'ere desk awaiting the start of experimentation.

Not in my dining room you will not !! And that goes for the kitchen too
!

Old 18-09-2006, 06:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"solaara" wrote in message

Can anyone tell me where to buy a fluorescent plant stand, in the u.k,
for my african violets?
They only seem to have them on the American sites and do not deliver to
Europe...
solaara

Fascinating ..... never heard of them..........presume you mean these:
http://homeharvest.com/fluorescentplantcarts.htm

Maybe you could build your own or check out a growshop :~)
Jenny

Old 19-09-2006, 10:33 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

, I, Marvo, say :

"solaara" wrote in message

Can anyone tell me where to buy a fluorescent plant stand, in the
u.k, for my african violets?
They only seem to have them on the American sites and do not deliver
to Europe...
solaara

Fascinating ..... never heard of them..........presume you mean these:
http://homeharvest.com/fluorescentplantcarts.htm

Maybe you could build your own or check out a growshop :~)
Jenny

Ah, plant stands WITH fluorescent tube lighting in. Not fluorescent plant
stands.

Never heard of them either, but I'm going to look into it. They look cool.

Old 19-09-2006, 10:36 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

this in , I, Marvo, say :

, I, Marvo, say :

"solaara" wrote in message

Can anyone tell me where to buy a fluorescent plant stand, in the
u.k, for my african violets?
They only seem to have them on the American sites and do not deliver
to Europe...
solaara

Fascinating ..... never heard of them..........presume you mean
these:
http://homeharvest.com/fluorescentplantcarts.htm

Maybe you could build your own or check out a growshop :~)
Jenny

Ah, plant stands WITH fluorescent tube lighting in. Not fluorescent
plant stands.

Never heard of them either, but I'm going to look into it. They look
cool.

http://www.lightbulbs-direct.com/var...l.asp?var=3702

For instance. All you need is a stand and some wire. I must look harder ...