GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Sorry, but OT and light hearted (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/150183-sorry-but-ot-light-hearted.html)

Mike 09-10-2006 01:34 PM

Sorry, but OT and light hearted

Two elderly gentlemen from a retirement centre were sitting on a bench under
a tree when one turns to the other and says: "Slim, I'm 83 years old now and
I'm just full of aches and pains. I know you're about my
age. How do you feel?"

Slim says, "I feel just like a new-born baby."

"Really!? Like a new-born baby!?"

"Yep. No hair, no teeth, and I think I just wet my pants.

Mike
--
.................................................. .........
www.rnshipmates.co.uk

Emma 09-10-2006 07:13 PM

Sorry, but OT and light hearted

On Mon, 9 Oct 2006 18:56:54 +0100, "Robert"
wrote:

"Mike" wrote in message
: Two elderly gentlemen from a retirement centre were sitting on a bench
under
: a tree when one turns to the other and says: "Slim, I'm 83 years old now
and
: I'm just full of aches and pains. I know you're about my
: age. How do you feel?"
:
: Slim says, "I feel just like a new-born baby."
:
: "Really!? Like a new-born baby!?"
:
: "Yep. No hair, no teeth, and I think I just wet my pants.
:
:
: Mike

very good

And totally off topic.

Mary Fisher 09-10-2006 08:55 PM

"Robert" wrote in message

"Mike" wrote in message
: Two elderly gentlemen from a retirement centre were sitting on a bench
under
: a tree when one turns to the other and says: "Slim, I'm 83 years old now
and
: I'm just full of aches and pains. I know you're about my
: age. How do you feel?"
:
: Slim says, "I feel just like a new-born baby."
:
: "Really!? Like a new-born baby!?"
:
: "Yep. No hair, no teeth, and I think I just wet my pants.
:
:
: Mike

very good

Too near the truth since Spouse's prostatectomy :-(

But he has his own teeth, all attached.

Mary

Mike 09-10-2006 09:07 PM

Sorry, but OT and light hearted

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
. net...

But he has his own teeth, all attached.

Mary

Had all mine out in one go in Leicester Royal Infirmary in 1966, 6 Months
before my 30th Birthday :-)))))

Never ever regretted it. Went 6 months without teeth so grew a beard to
'cover my face' :-)) 2 weeks into the growth, I had to go to Birmingham to
GPO HQ for a Civil Service promotion interview!! No teeth, 2 weeks stubble!!
AND I was promoted :-))

Mike

Mary Fisher 09-10-2006 09:32 PM

"Mike" wrote in message

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
. net...

But he has his own teeth, all attached.

Mary

Had all mine out in one go in Leicester Royal Infirmary in 1966, 6 Months
before my 30th Birthday :-)))))

Never ever regretted it. Went 6 months without teeth so grew a beard to
'cover my face' :-)) 2 weeks into the growth, I had to go to Birmingham to
GPO HQ for a Civil Service promotion interview!! No teeth, 2 weeks
stubble!! AND I was promoted :-))

I make that 69 yo.

But I'm not renowned for my numeracy ...

Mary

Mike

Mike 09-10-2006 09:40 PM

Sorry, but OT and light hearted

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
. net...

I make that 69 yo.

But I'm not renowned for my numeracy ...

Mary

:-))

Close.

70 last August

Mike

Alan Holmes 09-10-2006 10:53 PM

"Robert" wrote in message

"Mike" wrote in message
: Two elderly gentlemen from a retirement centre were sitting on a bench
under
: a tree when one turns to the other and says: "Slim, I'm 83 years old
now
and
: I'm just full of aches and pains. I know you're about my
: age. How do you feel?"
:
: Slim says, "I feel just like a new-born baby."
:
: "Really!? Like a new-born baby!?"
:
: "Yep. No hair, no teeth, and I think I just wet my pants.
:
:
: Mike

very good

Too near the truth since Spouse's prostatectomy :-(

But he has his own teeth, all attached.

I wish I had all my own teeth!(:-(

Alan

Mary

Alan Holmes 09-10-2006 10:54 PM

"Mike" wrote in message

"Mary Fisher" wrote in message
. net...

I make that 69 yo.

But I'm not renowned for my numeracy ...

Mary

:-))

Close.

70 last August

Still a youngster then!

Alan

Mike

MadCow 14-10-2006 11:22 AM

Sorry, but OT and light hearted

In message , Emma
writes

very good

And totally off topic.

And how was that improved by setting followups to five uk.local groups?
Are you posting from under an ornamental bridge?

Anyway, it's got a seat under a tree in it.

--
Sue ]:(:)