Old 12-10-2006, 06:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Pink sky at night....

.....shepherd's cottage on fire, as Ray always says! However, we have had a
lovely clear day here and the temp was around 58F which really could not be
called cold for October. Tonight, the sky is streaked with pink but there's
an omnibus bank of dark cloud building in the SW... I'll disconnect the
computer from the phone line before we go to bed tonight!
How are our flooded out urglers doing? I really hope it's not all doom and
disaster for you.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 12-10-2006, 09:38 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Sacha
writes
....shepherd's cottage on fire, as Ray always says! However, we have had a
lovely clear day here and the temp was around 58F which really could not be
called cold for October. Tonight, the sky is streaked with pink but there's
an omnibus bank of dark cloud building in the SW... I'll disconnect the
computer from the phone line before we go to bed tonight!
How are our flooded out urglers doing? I really hope it's not all doom and
disaster for you.

It was certainly a problem in London yesterday but today was sweetness
and light.
--
June Hughes
Old 12-10-2006, 11:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 12/10/06 21:38, in article , "June
Hughes" wrote:

In message , Sacha
writes
....shepherd's cottage on fire, as Ray always says! However, we have had a
lovely clear day here and the temp was around 58F which really could not be
called cold for October. Tonight, the sky is streaked with pink but there's
an omnibus bank of dark cloud building in the SW... I'll disconnect the
computer from the phone line before we go to bed tonight!
How are our flooded out urglers doing? I really hope it's not all doom and
disaster for you.

It was certainly a problem in London yesterday but today was sweetness
and light.

There was something in today's papers forecasting one of the warmest
Octobers ever. Goodness knows how they do that and we'll probably have
blizzards, as a result. But if they're correct - what a strange year this
has been!

Old 14-10-2006, 04:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Martin wrote:
based on the fact that half of October already happened?

The warmest october since 1976, for England. Personnaly it's just like
when I was in my teens. This is the kind of autumn everybody should be
entitled too. Simply glorious )

However, some of you should remember what happened in 1976. I've just
found out by an old gardener down my lotty - lots and lots of trees got
damaged and uprooted themselves because they all had their leaves still
on and the damage was considerable after a storm. Kew Garden got
devastated (