GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Frost (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/150683-frost.html)

June Hughes 31-10-2006 08:24 AM

Frost

I expect everyone knows already, but just in case, frosts are forecasted
for tonight.
--
June Hughes

Mike in Spain 31-10-2006 01:07 PM

Frost

On Oct 31, 1:31 pm, Martin wrote:
On Tue, 31 Oct 2006 08:24:22 +0000, June Hughes

wrote:
I expect everyone knows already, but just in case, frosts are forecasted
for tonight.and gale force winds.

--

Martin

Definitely none of that round here lol, but they do say we might get
some rain at the weekend, much needed in this area althoiugh there have
been floods not too far away a week ago. However I'm not really able to
enjoy it much as I've got a stinking cold, so not even using the hot
tub.

Klara 31-10-2006 01:20 PM

Frost

In message , Martin
writes
wrote:

I expect everyone knows already, but just in case, frosts are forecasted
for tonight.

and gale force winds.

Just off for that (final?) mow, before all is covered in frost and/or
twigs

--
Klara, Gatwick basin

Mike in Spain 31-10-2006 04:09 PM

Frost

On Oct 31, 2:20 pm, Klara wrote:
In message , Martin
writes

wrote:

I expect everyone knows already, but just in case, frosts are forecasted
for tonight.

and gale force winds.Just off for that (final?) mow, before all is covered in frost and/or

twigs

--
Klara, Gatwick basin

Just seen the winter weather warning on Yahoo for Wednesday, glad we
don't have to worrry about such things now, still shorts and t shirt
weather here, and will be for a while, I mean it does get cold here,
well if you can call minimum night temps of 10 degrees cold. LOL

Keith Kent 31-10-2006 11:22 PM

Frost

"Mike in Spain" wrote in message
ups.com...

On Oct 31, 2:20 pm, Klara wrote:
In message , Martin
writes

wrote:

I expect everyone knows already, but just in case, frosts are
forecasted
for tonight.

and gale force winds.Just off for that (final?) mow, before all is
covered in frost and/or

twigs

--
Klara, Gatwick basin

Just seen the winter weather warning on Yahoo for Wednesday, glad we
don't have to worrry about such things now, still shorts and t shirt
weather here, and will be for a while, I mean it does get cold here,
well if you can call minimum night temps of 10 degrees cold. LOL

I like the changing seasons we get in the UK.i would like a min of 10
too,but would really hate to live in a hot country. i like a 11 day holiday
,then i have had enough of the sun.
keith

Trevor 01-11-2006 08:22 AM

Frost

"Keith Kent" wrote in message

"Mike in Spain" wrote in message
ups.com...

On Oct 31, 2:20 pm, Klara wrote:
In message , Martin
writes

wrote:

I expect everyone knows already, but just in case, frosts are
forecasted
for tonight.

and gale force winds.Just off for that (final?) mow, before all is
covered in frost and/or
twigs

--
Klara, Gatwick basin

Just seen the winter weather warning on Yahoo for Wednesday, glad we
don't have to worrry about such things now, still shorts and t shirt
weather here, and will be for a while, I mean it does get cold here,
well if you can call minimum night temps of 10 degrees cold. LOL

I like the changing seasons we get in the UK.i would like a min of 10
too,but would really hate to live in a hot country. i like a 11 day
holiday ,then i have had enough of the sun.
keith

Find it too hot here in Summer never mind Spain

K 01-11-2006 05:51 PM

Frost

Keith Kent writes

I like the changing seasons we get in the UK.i would like a min of 10
too,but would really hate to live in a hot country. i like a 11 day holiday
,then i have had enough of the sun.
keith

It makes dealing with pests a lot easier when they die off or reduce in
the winter cold.
--
Kay

Janet Tweedy 05-11-2006 11:08 AM

Frost

In article , K
writes
Keith Kent writes

I like the changing seasons we get in the UK.i would like a min of 10
too,but would really hate to live in a hot country. i like a 11 day holiday
,then i have had enough of the sun.
keith

It makes dealing with pests a lot easier when they die off or reduce in
the winter cold.

It's easier to keep warm than it is to keep cool!
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph