Old 31-10-2006, 08:24 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Frost

I expect everyone knows already, but just in case, frosts are forecasted
for tonight.
--
June Hughes
Old 31-10-2006, 01:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Oct 31, 1:31 pm, Martin wrote:
On Tue, 31 Oct 2006 08:24:22 +0000, June Hughes

wrote:
I expect everyone knows already, but just in case, frosts are forecasted
for tonight.and gale force winds.

--

Martin

Definitely none of that round here lol, but they do say we might get
some rain at the weekend, much needed in this area althoiugh there have
been floods not too far away a week ago. However I'm not really able to
enjoy it much as I've got a stinking cold, so not even using the hot
tub.

Old 31-10-2006, 01:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Martin
writes
wrote:

I expect everyone knows already, but just in case, frosts are forecasted
for tonight.

and gale force winds.

Just off for that (final?) mow, before all is covered in frost and/or
twigs

--
Klara, Gatwick basin
Old 31-10-2006, 04:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Oct 31, 2:20 pm, Klara wrote:
In message , Martin
writes

wrote:

I expect everyone knows already, but just in case, frosts are forecasted
for tonight.

and gale force winds.Just off for that (final?) mow, before all is covered in frost and/or

twigs

--
Klara, Gatwick basin

Just seen the winter weather warning on Yahoo for Wednesday, glad we
don't have to worrry about such things now, still shorts and t shirt
weather here, and will be for a while, I mean it does get cold here,
well if you can call minimum night temps of 10 degrees cold. LOL

Old 31-10-2006, 11:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Mike in Spain" wrote in message
ups.com...

On Oct 31, 2:20 pm, Klara wrote:
In message , Martin
writes

wrote:

I expect everyone knows already, but just in case, frosts are
forecasted
for tonight.

and gale force winds.Just off for that (final?) mow, before all is
covered in frost and/or

twigs

--
Klara, Gatwick basin

Just seen the winter weather warning on Yahoo for Wednesday, glad we
don't have to worrry about such things now, still shorts and t shirt
weather here, and will be for a while, I mean it does get cold here,
well if you can call minimum night temps of 10 degrees cold. LOL

I like the changing seasons we get in the UK.i would like a min of 10
too,but would really hate to live in a hot country. i like a 11 day holiday
,then i have had enough of the sun.
keith

Old 01-11-2006, 08:22 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Keith Kent" wrote in message

"Mike in Spain" wrote in message
ups.com...

On Oct 31, 2:20 pm, Klara wrote:
In message , Martin
writes

wrote:

I expect everyone knows already, but just in case, frosts are
forecasted
for tonight.

and gale force winds.Just off for that (final?) mow, before all is
covered in frost and/or
twigs

--
Klara, Gatwick basin

Just seen the winter weather warning on Yahoo for Wednesday, glad we
don't have to worrry about such things now, still shorts and t shirt
weather here, and will be for a while, I mean it does get cold here,
well if you can call minimum night temps of 10 degrees cold. LOL

I like the changing seasons we get in the UK.i would like a min of 10
too,but would really hate to live in a hot country. i like a 11 day
holiday ,then i have had enough of the sun.
keith

Find it too hot here in Summer never mind Spain

Old 01-11-2006, 05:51 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Keith Kent writes

I like the changing seasons we get in the UK.i would like a min of 10
too,but would really hate to live in a hot country. i like a 11 day holiday
,then i have had enough of the sun.
keith

It makes dealing with pests a lot easier when they die off or reduce in
the winter cold.
--
Kay
Old 05-11-2006, 11:08 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , K
writes
Keith Kent writes

I like the changing seasons we get in the UK.i would like a min of 10
too,but would really hate to live in a hot country. i like a 11 day holiday
,then i have had enough of the sun.
keith

It makes dealing with pests a lot easier when they die off or reduce in
the winter cold.

It's easier to keep warm than it is to keep cool!
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph

last frost? Arwen Long North Carolina 1 06-03-2004 04:31 PM
Possible frost/freeze Saturday night/Sunday Morning Wayfarer Texas 8 28-03-2003 10:56 PM
American frost zones tim United Kingdom 21 23-02-2003 12:16 PM
USDA zones (frost zones) Anne Middleton/Harold Walker United Kingdom 5 22-02-2003 06:20 PM
When To Take Action Against Frost Protection? Fleemo Gardening 10 09-02-2003 08:01 AM