GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Television research (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/151556-television-research.html)

Vic 15-12-2006 11:30 AM

Television research

I am looking for Britain's youngest Gardener (in a professional capacity) or allotment keeper as part of some research into a new Television programme.
Can anyone help me by putting me in contact with such a person? Or by suggesting ways of finding young gardeners or allotment keepers?
The programme is in its infancy at the moment but will be looking at Britain's youngest people in jobs associated with older people. I am ideally looking for teenagers.
Many thanks for any help.
Vic

Sue[_3_] 15-12-2006 02:49 PM

Television research

"Vic" wrote
I am looking for Britain's youngest Gardener (in a professional
capacity) or allotment keeper as part of some research into a new
Television programme.
Can anyone help me by putting me in contact with such a person? Or by
suggesting ways of finding young gardeners or allotment keepers?
The programme is in its infancy at the moment but will be looking at
Britain's youngest people in jobs associated with older people. I am
ideally looking for teenagers.
Many thanks for any help.

Sorry to be suspicious if this is a genuine request, but surely you
don't expect people to allow their youngsters to make contact with any
old unidentified stranger on a newgroup who says he's a tv researcher,
do you?!

--
Sue

Alan Holmes 15-12-2006 04:34 PM

Television research

"Sue" wrote in message
reenews.net...

"Vic" wrote
I am looking for Britain's youngest Gardener (in a professional
capacity) or allotment keeper as part of some research into a new
Television programme.
Can anyone help me by putting me in contact with such a person? Or by
suggesting ways of finding young gardeners or allotment keepers?
The programme is in its infancy at the moment but will be looking at
Britain's youngest people in jobs associated with older people. I am
ideally looking for teenagers.
Many thanks for any help.

Sorry to be suspicious if this is a genuine request, but surely you
don't expect people to allow their youngsters to make contact with any
old unidentified stranger on a newgroup who says he's a tv researcher,
do you?!

There will be some silly enough!

Alan

Keith \(Dorset\) 15-12-2006 05:33 PM

Television research - a most 'unconventional approach'

Hi Sue and group members,

That's exactly the first thing that came into my mind.

As someone who has been involved in media-related professions for over
twenty years I will take the liberty of advising everyone that this is a
'most unconventional' approach.

Best wishes,

Keith

"Sue" wrote in message
reenews.net...

"Vic" wrote

Sacha[_1_] 15-12-2006 06:02 PM

Television research - a most 'unconventional approach'

On 15/12/06 17:33, in article ,
"Keith (Dorset)" wrote:

Hi Sue and group members,

That's exactly the first thing that came into my mind.

As someone who has been involved in media-related professions for over
twenty years I will take the liberty of advising everyone that this is a
'most unconventional' approach.

Best wishes,

Keith

"Sue" wrote in message
reenews.net...

"Vic" wrote
I am looking for Britain's youngest Gardener (in a professional
capacity) or allotment keeper as part of some research into a new
Television programme.
Can anyone help me by putting me in contact with such a person? Or by
suggesting ways of finding young gardeners or allotment keepers?
The programme is in its infancy at the moment but will be looking at
Britain's youngest people in jobs associated with older people. I am
ideally looking for teenagers.
Many thanks for any help.

Sorry to be suspicious if this is a genuine request, but surely you
don't expect people to allow their youngsters to make contact with any
old unidentified stranger on a newgroup who says he's a tv researcher,
do you?!

--
Sue

Perhaps this is an idea which has spun off from Monty Don's work with drug
addicts? But I agree that it's a strange way to go about things. Wouldn't
it be more usual to approach either newsgroups or youth groups or schools,
or colleges with the name of the tv company and some form of ID to prove
bona fides?
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Alan 15-12-2006 06:36 PM

Television research - a most 'unconventional approach'

In message , "Keith (Dorset)"
wrote

Hi Sue and group members,

That's exactly the first thing that came into my mind.

As someone who has been involved in media-related professions for over
twenty years I will take the liberty of advising everyone that this is a
'most unconventional' approach.

Why is this guy hiding behind an anonymous gardenbanter address rather
than a real email address that can be traced?

--
Alan
news2006 {at} amac {dot} f2s {dot} com

Sacha[_1_] 15-12-2006 06:57 PM

Television research - a most 'unconventional approach'

On 15/12/06 18:45, in article ,
"Keith (Dorset)" wrote:

I have replied to Sacha offlist - for obvious reasons.

Hasn't show up yet.

Keith \(Dorset\) 16-12-2006 02:50 PM

Television research - etc. sorry accounts muddled

Hi,

Apologies for that.

I got my accounts in a twist and it didn't 'bounce back'.

Message resent.

Best wishes,

Keith

Colin Jacobs 16-12-2006 09:49 PM

Television research - a most 'unconventional approach'

Yes very weird and in my experience not a cocha address I think it should be
removed from the NG ASAP.