Old 15-12-2006, 11:30 AM
Vic Vic is offline
Registered User

Default Television research

I am looking for Britain's youngest Gardener (in a professional capacity) or allotment keeper as part of some research into a new Television programme.
Can anyone help me by putting me in contact with such a person? Or by suggesting ways of finding young gardeners or allotment keepers?
The programme is in its infancy at the moment but will be looking at Britain's youngest people in jobs associated with older people. I am ideally looking for teenagers.
Many thanks for any help.
Vic
Old 15-12-2006, 02:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Vic" wrote
I am looking for Britain's youngest Gardener (in a professional
capacity) or allotment keeper as part of some research into a new
Television programme.
Can anyone help me by putting me in contact with such a person? Or by
suggesting ways of finding young gardeners or allotment keepers?
The programme is in its infancy at the moment but will be looking at
Britain's youngest people in jobs associated with older people. I am
ideally looking for teenagers.
Many thanks for any help.

Sorry to be suspicious if this is a genuine request, but surely you
don't expect people to allow their youngsters to make contact with any
old unidentified stranger on a newgroup who says he's a tv researcher,
do you?!

--
Sue

Old 15-12-2006, 04:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sue" wrote in message
reenews.net...

"Vic" wrote
I am looking for Britain's youngest Gardener (in a professional
capacity) or allotment keeper as part of some research into a new
Television programme.
Can anyone help me by putting me in contact with such a person? Or by
suggesting ways of finding young gardeners or allotment keepers?
The programme is in its infancy at the moment but will be looking at
Britain's youngest people in jobs associated with older people. I am
ideally looking for teenagers.
Many thanks for any help.

Sorry to be suspicious if this is a genuine request, but surely you
don't expect people to allow their youngsters to make contact with any
old unidentified stranger on a newgroup who says he's a tv researcher,
do you?!

There will be some silly enough!

Alan

Old 15-12-2006, 05:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Television research - a most 'unconventional approach'

Hi Sue and group members,

That's exactly the first thing that came into my mind.

As someone who has been involved in media-related professions for over
twenty years I will take the liberty of advising everyone that this is a
'most unconventional' approach.

Best wishes,

Keith

"Sue" wrote in message
reenews.net...

"Vic" wrote

Old 15-12-2006, 06:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 15/12/06 17:33, in article ,
"Keith (Dorset)" wrote:

Hi Sue and group members,

That's exactly the first thing that came into my mind.

As someone who has been involved in media-related professions for over
twenty years I will take the liberty of advising everyone that this is a
'most unconventional' approach.

Best wishes,

Keith

"Sue" wrote in message
reenews.net...

"Vic" wrote
I am looking for Britain's youngest Gardener (in a professional
capacity) or allotment keeper as part of some research into a new
Television programme.
Can anyone help me by putting me in contact with such a person? Or by
suggesting ways of finding young gardeners or allotment keepers?
The programme is in its infancy at the moment but will be looking at
Britain's youngest people in jobs associated with older people. I am
ideally looking for teenagers.
Many thanks for any help.

Sorry to be suspicious if this is a genuine request, but surely you
don't expect people to allow their youngsters to make contact with any
old unidentified stranger on a newgroup who says he's a tv researcher,
do you?!

--
Sue

Perhaps this is an idea which has spun off from Monty Don's work with drug
addicts? But I agree that it's a strange way to go about things. Wouldn't
it be more usual to approach either newsgroups or youth groups or schools,
or colleges with the name of the tv company and some form of ID to prove
bona fides?
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 15-12-2006, 06:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , "Keith (Dorset)"
wrote

Hi Sue and group members,

That's exactly the first thing that came into my mind.

As someone who has been involved in media-related professions for over
twenty years I will take the liberty of advising everyone that this is a
'most unconventional' approach.

Why is this guy hiding behind an anonymous gardenbanter address rather
than a real email address that can be traced?

--
Alan
news2006 {at} amac {dot} f2s {dot} com

Old 15-12-2006, 06:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 15/12/06 18:45, in article ,
"Keith (Dorset)" wrote:

I have replied to Sacha offlist - for obvious reasons.

Hasn't show up yet.

Old 16-12-2006, 02:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Television research - etc. sorry accounts muddled

Hi,

Apologies for that.

I got my accounts in a twist and it didn't 'bounce back'.

Message resent.

Best wishes,

Keith