GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Why are lower leaves of cabbages so horrible? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/152743-why-lower-leaves-cabbages-so-horrible.html)

Chris[_3_] 31-01-2007 07:52 PM

Why are lower leaves of cabbages so horrible?

Why are lower leaves of cabbages so horrible?

They have holes - and yellowing - and grey spots - and mildewey loooking
areas - to such an extent that I daren't put them on the compost heap!

What's going on?
And what should I do?
--
Chris

Bob Hobden 31-01-2007 11:00 PM

Why are lower leaves of cabbages so horrible?

"Chris" wrote
Why are lower leaves of cabbages so horrible?

They have holes - and yellowing - and grey spots - and mildewey loooking
areas - to such an extent that I daren't put them on the compost heap!

What's going on?
And what should I do?

Sounds about right to me, why do you not put them on the compost heap?

--
Regards
Bob H

Lez Pawl 01-02-2007 06:53 AM

Why are lower leaves of cabbages so horrible?

"Chris" ] wrote in message
]...
Why are lower leaves of cabbages so horrible?

They have holes - and yellowing - and grey spots - and mildewey loooking
areas - to such an extent that I daren't put them on the compost heap!

What's going on?
And what should I do?
--
Chris

they protect the upper leaves.....put them on the heap

Don
34 miles south of Bob.

Emrys Davies 01-02-2007 02:30 PM

Why are lower leaves of cabbages so horrible?

"Chris" ] wrote in message
]...
Why are lower leaves of cabbages so horrible?

They have holes - and yellowing - and grey spots - and mildewey

loooking
areas - to such an extent that I daren't put them on the compost heap!

What's going on?
And what should I do?
--
Chris

They are in that condition mainly because they are 'spent' and ready for
the compost heap.

Regards,
Emrys Davies.