Old 18-04-2003, 03:20 PM
stephane Boutin

Default Mycorhize

To all !!

This is a new product that is out. They named it MYKE . This is one of
the best 100% naturel. Myke is a growth supplement. What is myke??

Myke is a beneficial fugus on a carrier.The fungus associates with plant
roots and increases phosphorus uptakes.They work together like a team.One
makes the other one work. You only have to apply this pruduct once and when
the plant is gone the fugus stays alive in the ground. The next year you
won't have to put this in the ground. This fugus triples the root of almost
any plant. Some exceptions.

Let me know if you've worked with this very good product

Stephane Boutin
Quebec

---

Old 18-04-2003, 05:32 PM
nicky

"stephane Boutin" wrote in message
To all !!

This is a new product that is out. They named it MYKE . This is one of
the best 100% naturel. Myke is a growth supplement. What is myke??
Let me know if you've worked with this very good product

Stephane Boutin
Quebec

---

Never heard of it, your virus definitions are seriously out of date BTW

Nicky

Old 18-04-2003, 05:56 PM
Sue & Bob Hobden

Stephane wrote in message
This is a new product that is out. They named it MYKE . This is one of
the best 100% naturel. Myke is a growth supplement. What is myke??

Myke is a beneficial fugus on a carrier.The fungus associates with

plant
roots and increases phosphorus uptakes.They work together like a team.One
makes the other one work. You only have to apply this pruduct once and

when
the plant is gone the fugus stays alive in the ground. The next year you
won't have to put this in the ground. This fugus triples the root of

almost
any plant. Some exceptions.

Let me know if you've worked with this very good product

Not used that product but as I grow a few orchids, including hardy ones, I
will have worked with mycorrhizae as they are needed for orchid seed to
germinate successfully in nature. Which it does in some of my other garden
pots, especially pots of lilies (?).
Therefore I have to believe lilies must also utilise a mycorrhiza fungus,
indeed the same one as needed by my Dactylorhisa seedlings. Which is why,
when I repot, I always use a proportion of the old compost too, so ensuring
the fungus is transferred to the new pot.
Sounds as if this product would make growing hardy/native orchids from seed
a bit less a matter of luck. (That's unless you happen to have a fully
kitted out laboratory)

--
Bob

Runnymede fighting for it's existence.

Old 21-04-2003, 04:46 PM
Rhiannon Macfie Miller

It was a dark and stormy night, and as the people of uk.rec.gardening
huddled around the fire, stephane Boutin told them this story:

Myke is a beneficial fugus on a carrier.The fungus associates with plant
roots and increases phosphorus uptakes.They work together like a team.One
makes the other one work.

I had been under the impression that different plants
associated with different fungi, yet this seems to indicate
that they're not that fussy. Who's right?

Rhiannon

Old 21-04-2003, 10:08 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article ,
Rhiannon Macfie Miller wrote:
It was a dark and stormy night, and as the people of uk.rec.gardening
huddled around the fire, stephane Boutin told them this story:

Myke is a beneficial fugus on a carrier.The fungus associates with plant
roots and increases phosphorus uptakes.They work together like a team.One
makes the other one work.

I had been under the impression that different plants
associated with different fungi, yet this seems to indicate
that they're not that fussy. Who's right?

Well, up until the invention of Myke, you were.

Think about it this way. If some genius biotechnicians had developed
a generic and universally beneficial form of mycorrhiza, do you think
that they would advertise it on uk.rec.gardening? The terms Tono Bungay
and Snake Oil spring to mind.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.

Old 21-04-2003, 10:32 PM
Rod

"Nick Maclaren" wrote in message I had been under the impression that different plants
associated with different fungi, yet this seems to indicate
that they're not that fussy. Who's right?

Well, up until the invention of Myke, you were.

Think about it this way. If some genius biotechnicians had developed
a generic and universally beneficial form of mycorrhiza, do you think
that they would advertise it on uk.rec.gardening? The terms Tono Bungay
and Snake Oil spring to mind.

Why is it easier to sell magic than to sell science? It's a very old question that badly needs addressing.

Rod

Old 22-04-2003, 04:56 PM
stephane Boutin

Ok then fine you think i'm a bullshitter
just go visit this adress
www.usemyke.com
Tell me what you think
Stephane

Old 22-04-2003, 05:08 PM
Nick Maclaren

In article 3ea56270_1@newsfeed,
"stephane Boutin" writes:
| Ok then fine you think i'm a bullshitter
| just go visit this adress
| www.usemyke.com
| Tell me what you think

I think that they can't write Web pages, either. It displays as
two fields of colour.

Regards,
Nick Maclaren.