GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   weather where you are (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/154849-weather-where-you.html)

Alan McKenzie 04-03-2007 07:43 PM

weather where you are

Pouring down with rain here - has been most of the day.
Was hoping to get on the allotment today at least see how my over winter
onions and garlic were doing.
Have a day off work tomorrow - hospital appointment - and was hoping to get
up there afterwards but no chance as the weather seems set for the next few
days.
Need to get the ground ready for my spuds, onions and shallalots
The lawns at home are absolutley soaking - surface water even - the first
time I can remember that in the 11 or so years I've been here.

Alan
North of Portsmouth

80/20[_2_] 04-03-2007 08:06 PM

weather where you are

On 4 Mar, 19:43, "Alan McKenzie" wrote:
Pouring down with rain here - has been most of the day.

Alan
North of Portsmouth

Friday was a total washout, Saturday was glorious (but ground sodden),
today back to Fridays washout, so nothing touched in the garden.

Steve
Half way between Worcester & Birmingham.

Sue[_3_] 04-03-2007 08:17 PM

weather where you are

"80/20" wrote
On 4 Mar, 19:43, "Alan McKenzie" wrote:
Pouring down with rain here - has been most of the day.
Alan
North of Portsmouth

Friday was a total washout, Saturday was glorious (but ground sodden),
today back to Fridays washout, so nothing touched in the garden.

Steve
Half way between Worcester & Birmingham.

Been pouring here too, and the weather forecast seems to be promising
more torrential rain on the way.

At least we haven't had as much as I saw on the news that they're having
Down Under in norther parts of Oz.

--
Sue in East Angular

Sacha 04-03-2007 08:43 PM

weather where you are

On 4/3/07 20:06, in article
, "80/20"
wrote:

On 4 Mar, 19:43, "Alan McKenzie" wrote:
Pouring down with rain here - has been most of the day.

Alan
North of Portsmouth

Friday was a total washout, Saturday was glorious (but ground sodden),
today back to Fridays washout, so nothing touched in the garden.

Same here - absolutely vile weather all day - rain, low cloud, windy,
horrible. Tonight it's quiet and the rain has stopped. X-ing fingers for a
few fine days because fields round here are sodden, many are flooded. We
went across one ford today on which I've never seen more than a bit of water
- our car set up a bow wave!
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Cerumen[_3_] 05-03-2007 09:32 AM

weather where you are

"Alan McKenzie" wrote in message
Pouring down with rain here - has been most of the day.

Some rain, heavy cloud, 10 C but worst is the wind, about force 5 but
expecting worse.

West end of South coast of Ireland.

--
Chris, West Cork, Ireland.