Old 04-03-2007, 07:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default weather where you are

Pouring down with rain here - has been most of the day.
Was hoping to get on the allotment today at least see how my over winter
onions and garlic were doing.
Have a day off work tomorrow - hospital appointment - and was hoping to get
up there afterwards but no chance as the weather seems set for the next few
days.
Need to get the ground ready for my spuds, onions and shallalots
The lawns at home are absolutley soaking - surface water even - the first
time I can remember that in the 11 or so years I've been here.

Alan
North of Portsmouth

Old 04-03-2007, 08:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 4 Mar, 19:43, "Alan McKenzie" wrote:
Pouring down with rain here - has been most of the day.

Alan
North of Portsmouth

Friday was a total washout, Saturday was glorious (but ground sodden),
today back to Fridays washout, so nothing touched in the garden.

Steve
Half way between Worcester & Birmingham.

Old 04-03-2007, 08:17 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"80/20" wrote
On 4 Mar, 19:43, "Alan McKenzie" wrote:
Pouring down with rain here - has been most of the day.
Alan
North of Portsmouth

Friday was a total washout, Saturday was glorious (but ground sodden),
today back to Fridays washout, so nothing touched in the garden.

Steve
Half way between Worcester & Birmingham.

Been pouring here too, and the weather forecast seems to be promising
more torrential rain on the way.

At least we haven't had as much as I saw on the news that they're having
Down Under in norther parts of Oz.

--
Sue in East Angular

Old 05-03-2007, 09:32 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Alan McKenzie" wrote in message
Pouring down with rain here - has been most of the day.

Some rain, heavy cloud, 10 C but worst is the wind, about force 5 but
expecting worse.

West end of South coast of Ireland.

--
Chris, West Cork, Ireland.