Old 22-03-2007, 12:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default trimmed pine tree fiasco

a neighbour has just had a pine tree pruned and it looks really ugly to me
with the topped lopped off.

Somehow it does not look like a professional job. I would like to post a
photo i took of it, but am assuming its not allowed to post it here in this
group. Where could i post it for people to look at and comment on please?

Old 22-03-2007, 03:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"JWBH" wrote in message
a neighbour has just had a pine tree pruned and it looks really ugly to me
with the topped lopped off.

Somehow it does not look like a professional job. I would like to post
a photo i took of it, but am assuming its not allowed to post it here in
this group. Where could i post it for people to look at and comment on
please?

Go to: http://www.tinypic.com/
Upload your photo and the site will give you a URL that you can post here.
HTH
Graham

Old 22-03-2007, 04:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"JWBH" wrote ...
a neighbour has just had a pine tree pruned and it looks really ugly to me
with the topped lopped off.

Somehow it does not look like a professional job. I would like to post
a photo i took of it, but am assuming its not allowed to post it here in
this group. Where could i post it for people to look at and comment on
please?

A neighbour has had the same done to some of his. I agree with you, they
would look better cut down completely, they will never grow another top and
will always look ... truncated.

--
Regards
Bob H

Old 22-03-2007, 05:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"graham" wrote in message

"JWBH" wrote in message
a neighbour has just had a pine tree pruned and it looks really ugly to me
with the topped lopped off.

Somehow it does not look like a professional job. I would like to post
a photo i took of it, but am assuming its not allowed to post it here in
this group. Where could i post it for people to look at and comment on
please?

Go to: http://www.tinypic.com/
Upload your photo and the site will give you a URL that you can post here.
HTH
Graham

thanks the link is:

http://www.tinypic.com

http://i9.tinypic.com/2uhokcj.jpg

hope i've done this right

Old 22-03-2007, 05:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"JWBH" wrote in message
a neighbour has just had a pine tree pruned and it looks really ugly to
me with the topped lopped off.

Somehow it does not look like a professional job. I would like to
post a photo i took of it, but am assuming its not allowed to post it
here in this group. Where could i post it for people to look at and
comment on please?

Go to: http://www.tinypic.com/
Upload your photo and the site will give you a URL that you can post
here.
HTH
Graham

thanks the link is:

http://www.tinypic.com

http://i9.tinypic.com/2uhokcj.jpg

hope i've done this right

The tree now looks like one of these pretend trees which are in fact mobile
phone masts. It's not giving off a nasty "hum" as well is it?? :-)
I agree that it doesn't look "professional".
Chris S

Old 22-03-2007, 05:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"JWBH" wrote in message
a neighbour has just had a pine tree pruned and it looks really
ugly to me with the topped lopped off.

Somehow it does not look like a professional job. I would like
to post a photo i took of it, but am assuming its not allowed to
post it here in this group. Where could i post it for people to
look at and comment on please?

Go to: http://www.tinypic.com/
Upload your photo and the site will give you a URL that you can post
here. HTH
Graham

thanks the link is:

http://www.tinypic.com

http://i9.tinypic.com/2uhokcj.jpg

hope i've done this right

Yep, that's definately been lopped.

Old 22-03-2007, 05:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"JWBH" wrote in message

thanks the link is:

http://i9.tinypic.com/2uhokcj.jpg

hope i've done this right

Wow, they sure made a mess of that. How high is it/was it?

Mike
www.farend.org.uk

Old 22-03-2007, 05:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Phil L writes

"JWBH" wrote in message
a neighbour has just had a pine tree pruned and it looks really
ugly to me with the topped lopped off.

Somehow it does not look like a professional job. I would like
to post a photo i took of it, but am assuming its not allowed to
post it here in this group. Where could i post it for people to
look at and comment on please?

Go to: http://www.tinypic.com/
Upload your photo and the site will give you a URL that you can post
here. HTH
Graham

thanks the link is:

http://www.tinypic.com

http://i9.tinypic.com/2uhokcj.jpg

hope i've done this right

Yep, that's definately been lopped.

I get the impression it wasn't looking very happy even before the
lopping.

--
Kay
Old 22-03-2007, 06:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"JWBH" wrote in message
a neighbour has just had a pine tree pruned and it looks really ugly to
me with the topped lopped off.

Somehow it does not look like a professional job. I would like to
post a photo i took of it, but am assuming its not allowed to post it
here in this group. Where could i post it for people to look at and
comment on please?

Go to: http://www.tinypic.com/
Upload your photo and the site will give you a URL that you can post
here.
HTH
Graham

thanks the link is:

http://www.tinypic.com

http://i9.tinypic.com/2uhokcj.jpg

hope i've done this right

Yep! However, if you remove the bracketed stuff at each end of the URL it
becomes clickable rather than cut-and-paste-able.
Pity it's a pine. Spruce can be shaped.

Graham

Old 22-03-2007, 06:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 22/3/07 17:44, in article ,
"Muddymike" wrote:

"JWBH" wrote in message

thanks the link is:

http://i9.tinypic.com/2uhokcj.jpg

hope i've done this right

Wow, they sure made a mess of that. How high is it/was it?

What a *terrible* mess. Why didn't they just have them felled and then
start again with a decent hedge, I wonder?

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 22-03-2007, 06:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Thu, 22 Mar 2007 18:23:14 +0000, Sacha
wrote:

What a *terrible* mess. Why didn't they just have them felled and then
start again with a decent hedge, I wonder?

I wonder why you can't mind your own business, bitch?

Old 23-03-2007, 09:38 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Thu, 22 Mar 2007 18:18:51 GMT, "graham" wrote:

"JWBH" wrote in message
[...]

It's not a pine. Is it cryptomeria?

Pam in Bristol
Old 23-03-2007, 11:34 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

JWBH wrote:

thanks the link is:

http://www.tinypic.com

Oh dear. I'm no conifer expert, but that looks like a very unhappy tree
to me....
--
Carol
"Never trust a man wearing leather shorts and a plastic dressing gown"

Old 23-03-2007, 01:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

"JWBH" wrote in message
[...]

I have a feeling it will eventually grow back.
Playing with the pic supplied I found this view
http://www.twango.com/media/Taffy4u2...Taffy4u2.10011
May help someone identify it.

David Hill
Abacus Nurseries

Old 23-03-2007, 01:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 23 Mar 2007 06:42:59 -0700, "Dave Hill"
wrote:

I have a feeling it will eventually grow back.
Playing with the pic supplied I found this view
http://www.twango.com/media/Taffy4u2...Taffy4u2.10011
May help someone identify it.

Dave, it won't let me view it unless I register!
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries

Pam in Bristol

Trimmed the kiwi Srgnt Billko Lawns 3 04-03-2008 07:42 PM
backyard fiasco [email protected] Ponds 15 17-05-2006 12:54 PM
pine tree for pine nuts jay jay United Kingdom 3 04-10-2004 07:37 AM
[IBC] Advice on Pine Trees (Pine Tree "Farm") Jim Lewis Bonsai 0 03-01-2004 09:28 PM
Advice on Pine Trees (Pine Tree "Farm") Dish Gardening 4 03-01-2004 08:42 PM