Old 05-04-2007, 08:53 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default For Rupert

The Akebia quinata is in flower. So's the white one. ;-)
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 05-04-2007, 11:41 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
The Akebia quinata is in flower. So's the white one. ;-)
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon
http://www.discoverdartmoor.co.uk/
(remove weeds from address)

Snap. You beat me to it. Mine started flowering about 10 days ago,or should
I say, it had the bunches of flower heads, waiting to flower.
This year is the first time the flowers have not been totally overshadowed
by the leaves. It will soon get beaten up by all the other climbers that are
about to spring forth on the south facing porch.
Not long ago this plant was not recommended for the cooler North.
Weird weather -I watered the garden yesterday.

Old 05-04-2007, 12:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 5/4/07 11:41, in article , "Rupert (W.Yorkshire)"
wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
The Akebia quinata is in flower. So's the white one. ;-)
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon
http://www.discoverdartmoor.co.uk/
(remove weeds from address)

Snap. You beat me to it. Mine started flowering about 10 days ago,or should
I say, it had the bunches of flower heads, waiting to flower.
This year is the first time the flowers have not been totally overshadowed
by the leaves. It will soon get beaten up by all the other climbers that are
about to spring forth on the south facing porch.
Not long ago this plant was not recommended for the cooler North.
Weird weather -I watered the garden yesterday.

Yes, we're watering the things in pots and in the greenhouses every day.
Thank goodness we finally put that borehole in! It produces so much water
that I may well get my greatly desired fourth pond after all, 'up the
field'.
The Rosa banksia on the south facing house wall is *just* beginning to break
into flower where the buds touch the warmed up glass in our window. I can't
ever say that I have a favourite flower but this would have to rank high on
my list if I had one.

OT for Rupert Sacha United Kingdom 0 25-01-2007 12:38 PM
A couple of Rupert's roses reported to be cold-hardy in Zone 5 Radika Kesavan Roses 0 14-06-2003 03:20 AM