Old 05-04-2007, 03:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Fine forecast for Easter

The weather seems set to remain dry and mainly sunny over Easter, I am
happy for those who work and look forward to the Bank Holidays. However
here in North Staffordshire we could do with some lovely gentle rain,
perhaps then my seeds will germinate!
Old 05-04-2007, 04:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 5 Apr, 15:58, Broadback wrote:
The weather seems set to remain dry and mainly sunny over Easter, I am
happy for those who work and look forward to the Bank Holidays. However
here in North Staffordshire we could do with some lovely gentle rain,
perhaps then my seeds will germinate!

It was sooooo cold yesterday! Bitterly cold really. But today started
misty, foggy, quite sinister, and then by 11am sunny and quite
wonderful. And I agree, I thought just that yesterday - a little rain
would be nice indeed. The lotty was crackling and dry, like a cake.
But I just can't wish for rain. I just can't ... Do it for me ;o)

Seeds germinating here quite nicely, though indoors, walking stick
cabbage, red sprouts which thanks to Jenny I eventually got and
artichokes. Outdoors, sorrell, spinash, rubbarb and blackcurrants,
rasberries and red currants all in acid green form, comfrey popping
everywhere, and this week end will mark the start of the grand sowing
time with potatoes, peas, broadbeans, sweet peas, followed by sowing
courgettes, sun flowers, cucumbers indoors next week.

I'm on hols as from this evening ... Woohoo! Wishing you all a
fabulous warm and sunny Easter.