GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Clematis Gillian Blades (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/156428-clematis-gillian-blades.html)

[email protected] 06-04-2007 04:21 PM

Clematis Gillian Blades

Charflie in Cornwall sent me 3 Gillian Blades a while back. I took
them to France to plant and brought them back again as there was 6
inches of snow.

Today, I decided, as they are in bud, to plant them here on a sort of
pergola which has rambling roses srabbling all over it, my hope is
that the two will look good together. My question is, does a clemtais
have different needs in relation to feeding i.e. I use fish, blood
and bone for my roses, will Clematis thrive on this or do I need
something in addition?

Pongo Potts 06-04-2007 04:30 PM

Clematis Gillian Blades

wrote in message
oups.com...
Charflie in Cornwall sent me 3 Gillian Blades a while back. I took
them to France to plant and brought them back again as there was 6
inches of snow.

Today, I decided, as they are in bud, to plant them here on a sort of
pergola which has rambling roses srabbling all over it, my hope is
that the two will look good together. My question is, does a clemtais
have different needs in relation to feeding i.e. I use fish, blood
and bone for my roses, will Clematis thrive on this or do I need
something in addition?

be careful what other plants you pot them next to, their roots are a real
tangle and in great quantity.

Charlie Pridham 07-04-2007 08:30 AM

Clematis Gillian Blades

wrote in message
oups.com...
Charflie in Cornwall sent me 3 Gillian Blades a while back. I took
them to France to plant and brought them back again as there was 6
inches of snow.

Today, I decided, as they are in bud, to plant them here on a sort of
pergola which has rambling roses srabbling all over it, my hope is
that the two will look good together. My question is, does a clemtais
have different needs in relation to feeding i.e. I use fish, blood
and bone for my roses, will Clematis thrive on this or do I need
something in addition?

Blood fish and bone is what I use (in quite heavy quantities around the
clematis)
They like horse poo as well but I don't as I spend the season weeding
nettles and oats out of the beds!

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

[email protected] 07-04-2007 12:16 PM

Clematis Gillian Blades

On Apr 7, 8:30 am, "Charlie Pridham"
wrote:
wrote in message

oups.com... Charflie in Cornwall sent me 3 Gillian Blades a while back. I took
them to France to plant and brought them back again as there was 6
inches of snow.

Today, I decided, as they are in bud, to plant them here on a sort of
pergola which has rambling roses srabbling all over it, my hope is
that the two will look good together. My question is, does a clemtais
have different needs in relation to feeding i.e. I use fish, blood
and bone for my roses, will Clematis thrive on this or do I need
something in addition?

Blood fish and bone is what I use (in quite heavy quantities around the
clematis)
They like horse poo as well but I don't as I spend the season weeding
nettles and oats out of the beds!

Thanks Charlie and Pongo. I already use horse poo in the garden and
as today is so beautiful, I am going to saddle up and go for a meander
in the bluebell woods.

Judith