Old 06-04-2007, 04:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Clematis Gillian Blades

Charflie in Cornwall sent me 3 Gillian Blades a while back. I took
them to France to plant and brought them back again as there was 6
inches of snow.

Today, I decided, as they are in bud, to plant them here on a sort of
pergola which has rambling roses srabbling all over it, my hope is
that the two will look good together. My question is, does a clemtais
have different needs in relation to feeding i.e. I use fish, blood
and bone for my roses, will Clematis thrive on this or do I need
something in addition?

Old 06-04-2007, 04:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote in message
oups.com...
Charflie in Cornwall sent me 3 Gillian Blades a while back. I took
them to France to plant and brought them back again as there was 6
inches of snow.

Today, I decided, as they are in bud, to plant them here on a sort of
pergola which has rambling roses srabbling all over it, my hope is
that the two will look good together. My question is, does a clemtais
have different needs in relation to feeding i.e. I use fish, blood
and bone for my roses, will Clematis thrive on this or do I need
something in addition?

be careful what other plants you pot them next to, their roots are a real
tangle and in great quantity.

Old 07-04-2007, 08:30 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote in message
oups.com...
Charflie in Cornwall sent me 3 Gillian Blades a while back. I took
them to France to plant and brought them back again as there was 6
inches of snow.

Today, I decided, as they are in bud, to plant them here on a sort of
pergola which has rambling roses srabbling all over it, my hope is
that the two will look good together. My question is, does a clemtais
have different needs in relation to feeding i.e. I use fish, blood
and bone for my roses, will Clematis thrive on this or do I need
something in addition?

Blood fish and bone is what I use (in quite heavy quantities around the
clematis)
They like horse poo as well but I don't as I spend the season weeding
nettles and oats out of the beds!

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Old 07-04-2007, 12:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Apr 7, 8:30 am, "Charlie Pridham"
wrote:
wrote in message

oups.com... Charflie in Cornwall sent me 3 Gillian Blades a while back. I took
them to France to plant and brought them back again as there was 6
inches of snow.

Today, I decided, as they are in bud, to plant them here on a sort of
pergola which has rambling roses srabbling all over it, my hope is
that the two will look good together. My question is, does a clemtais
have different needs in relation to feeding i.e. I use fish, blood
and bone for my roses, will Clematis thrive on this or do I need
something in addition?

Blood fish and bone is what I use (in quite heavy quantities around the
clematis)
They like horse poo as well but I don't as I spend the season weeding
nettles and oats out of the beds!

Thanks Charlie and Pongo. I already use horse poo in the garden and
as today is so beautiful, I am going to saddle up and go for a meander
in the bluebell woods.

Judith