Old 17-04-2007, 06:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Seed Swaps

I was looking around online and was wondering if there are such things
as seed swap websites? I got a lot of vegtable seeds that I just dont
have the room to grow and dont want to see the things go to waste!

Raindancer (Kent)

Old 17-04-2007, 06:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote in message
oups.com...
I was looking around online and was wondering if there are such things
as seed swap websites? I got a lot of vegtable seeds that I just dont
have the room to grow and dont want to see the things go to waste!

There is a newsgroup where seed swaps could be made, it's known as
uk.rec.gardening!

Alan

Raindancer (Kent)

Old 17-04-2007, 07:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Tue, 17 Apr 2007 17:39:37 GMT, "Alan Holmes"
wrote:

wrote in message
roups.com...
I was looking around online and was wondering if there are such things
as seed swap websites? I got a lot of vegtable seeds that I just dont
have the room to grow and dont want to see the things go to waste!

There is a newsgroup where seed swaps could be made, it's known as
uk.rec.gardening!

Alan

I'm sure you'd love to swap 'seed' with Raindancer, you dirty old man.
Old 17-04-2007, 08:49 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote in message
oups.com...
I was looking around online and was wondering if there are such things
as seed swap websites? I got a lot of vegtable seeds that I just dont
have the room to grow and dont want to see the things go to waste!

Raindancer (Kent)

Or sell them on eBay? Others do.

Old 17-04-2007, 09:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote in message
oups.com...
I was looking around online and was wondering if there are such things
as seed swap websites? I got a lot of vegtable seeds that I just dont
have the room to grow and dont want to see the things go to waste!

Raindancer (Kent)

I dont know about specific seed swaps but check if your area has a freecycle
running, you may start a new trend.

Old 18-04-2007, 10:35 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 17 Apr, 18:01, wrote:
I was looking around online and was wondering if there are such things
as seed swap websites? I got a lot of vegtable seeds that I just dont
have the room to grow and dont want to see the things go to waste!

Hullo. Ivan at the Perma assoc. would be able to help you, hopefully,
about any activities in your area, Permaculture Seed Exchange
Ivan Courtier, The Permaculture Association, 3rd Floor Studios, Unit 6
Car Mills, 322 Meanwood Road, Leeds L57 4LR.

Also there's hundreds of informal community/allotments group
exchanging seeds. I do with many people (and did on this forum too -
I've given a chap some chinese seeds and from another I got some
honesty and fantastic red beans). Put an add at your local allotment -
or even garden centre/nursery listing what you'd like to get rid of
and what you'd like to get.

But first tell us here - I'm curious to see what you've got and let
see if we can swap!

Old 18-04-2007, 10:42 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Well if anyone is interested in swapping any seeds I have:

Sweetcorn (Incredible F1)
Carrots (Chantenay red cored 2)
Spring Onions (White Lisbon)
Beetroot (Boltardy)
Tomato (Gardeners Delight)
Swede (Best of all)
Strawberry (Apline)
Parsnip (Hollow Crown)
Onion (Ailsa Craig)

Evening Primrose
Nicotiana Affinis
Rock Rose Mix (Helianthemum)
Pansy (Mixed)
Aquilegia (Pretty Bonnets Mix)

Donna

Old 18-04-2007, 04:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 18 Apr, 10:42, Martin wrote:
Some of our allotment neighbours give us free seeds without asking - weeds.

Narf narf ... Is that you Martin? The Dutch Martin that is?