GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Tomato seeds not germinating (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/157787-tomato-seeds-not-germinating.html)

Peter the painter 28-06-2007 08:25 AM

Tomato seeds not germinating

On 1 May, 09:04, "MikeCT" wrote:
Try as I might, and unlike Monty Don, I am unable to get my ''Gardener's
Delight' tomato seeds to germinate. Should tomato seeds be germinated in the
dark or the light? May 1st. now and I'm fast running out of patience.

MikeCT

I do'nt want to rub it in but I have tomato plants coming up all over
my garden from seeds that have survived in the compost heap. They
also come up on sewage beds.
All they need is moisture, warmth (at 20 degrees C they should be up
in 7-10 days)
and a reasonable compost. I use multipurpose compost plus a litte
grit and or vermiculite)
The I only time I had a problem was when I used pure peat. This is
far to acid.
A lesson learnt