GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Pesky cats (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/158513-pesky-cats.html)

Tony Yarwood 12-05-2007 02:06 PM

Pesky cats

Hi everybody

Probably been asked a thousands times before, sorry, but what is the
most effective thing I can do about stopping cats crapping in the
wife's pot plants which are outside on the balcony?

Best regards

Tony

Space[_2_] 12-05-2007 02:21 PM

Pesky cats

"Tony Yarwood" wrote in message
Hi everybody

Probably been asked a thousands times before, sorry, but what is the
most effective thing I can do about stopping cats crapping in the
wife's pot plants which are outside on the balcony?

Best regards

Tony

If the plants are in pots why not cover the soil with slate/pebbles etc.
The cats like to dig around in the soil.

graham 12-05-2007 03:50 PM

Pesky cats

"Tony Yarwood" wrote in message
Hi everybody

Probably been asked a thousands times before, sorry, but what is the
most effective thing I can do about stopping cats crapping in the
wife's pot plants which are outside on the balcony?

Apart from more extreme pest control measures, try this:
http://www.leevalley.com/garden/page...t=2,51555&ap=2

Graham

Draven 12-05-2007 05:24 PM

Pesky cats

"Tony Yarwood" wrote in message
Hi everybody

Probably been asked a thousands times before, sorry, but what is the
most effective thing I can do about stopping cats crapping in the
wife's pot plants which are outside on the balcony?

Best regards

Tony

I found orange peel and/or coriander works.

Tony Yarwood 12-05-2007 08:33 PM

Pesky cats

On Sat, 12 May 2007 14:06:44 +0100, Tony Yarwood
wrote:

Many thanks everybody for your replies, I might try them all, see
which one works for me :)

Best regards

Tony

Baal 12-05-2007 10:29 PM

Pesky cats

Feed them.

Try Chicken and wallpaper stripper. If they come back the following day.
Beef and warfarin (100mg). Job done!

--

Baal

I smile and go off waving
(Amiably) - for that's my way

Walter Bradshaw 13-05-2007 12:53 AM

Pesky cats

wrote:

Hi everybody

Probably been asked a thousands times before, sorry, but what is the
most effective thing I can do about stopping cats crapping in the
wife's pot plants which are outside on the balcony?

Best regards

Tony

Here are my three steps to a cat-free garden:-

1 Trap

2 Drown

3 Repeat as necessary

As I've stated before, I have employed the three steps above for
nearly 30 years and not *once* have they failed.

Good luck!

Walter.

Peter James[_2_] 13-05-2007 07:28 PM

Pesky cats

Tony Yarwood wrote:

Hi everybody

Probably been asked a thousands times before, sorry, but what is the
most effective thing I can do about stopping cats crapping in the
wife's pot plants which are outside on the balcony?

Best regards

Tony

Short, sharpened bamboos, say 6" long, inserted blunt end into the soil
with pointed end upwards. if they can't lower their arses to the
ground, then you've sorted the problem. Always worked for us in the
wife's begonia pots.