Old 12-05-2007, 02:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Pesky cats

Hi everybody

Probably been asked a thousands times before, sorry, but what is the
most effective thing I can do about stopping cats crapping in the
wife's pot plants which are outside on the balcony?

Best regards

Tony
Old 12-05-2007, 02:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Tony Yarwood" wrote in message
Hi everybody

Probably been asked a thousands times before, sorry, but what is the
most effective thing I can do about stopping cats crapping in the
wife's pot plants which are outside on the balcony?

Best regards

Tony

If the plants are in pots why not cover the soil with slate/pebbles etc.
The cats like to dig around in the soil.

Old 12-05-2007, 03:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Tony Yarwood" wrote in message
Hi everybody

Probably been asked a thousands times before, sorry, but what is the
most effective thing I can do about stopping cats crapping in the
wife's pot plants which are outside on the balcony?

Apart from more extreme pest control measures, try this:
http://www.leevalley.com/garden/page...t=2,51555&ap=2

Graham

Old 12-05-2007, 05:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Tony Yarwood" wrote in message
Hi everybody

Probably been asked a thousands times before, sorry, but what is the
most effective thing I can do about stopping cats crapping in the
wife's pot plants which are outside on the balcony?

Best regards

Tony

I found orange peel and/or coriander works.

Old 12-05-2007, 08:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sat, 12 May 2007 14:06:44 +0100, Tony Yarwood
wrote:

Many thanks everybody for your replies, I might try them all, see
which one works for me

Best regards

Tony

Old 12-05-2007, 10:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Feed them.

Try Chicken and wallpaper stripper. If they come back the following day.
Beef and warfarin (100mg). Job done!

--

Baal

I smile and go off waving
(Amiably) - for that's my way

Old 13-05-2007, 12:53 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

Hi everybody

Probably been asked a thousands times before, sorry, but what is the
most effective thing I can do about stopping cats crapping in the
wife's pot plants which are outside on the balcony?

Best regards

Tony

Here are my three steps to a cat-free garden:-

1 Trap

2 Drown

3 Repeat as necessary

As I've stated before, I have employed the three steps above for
nearly 30 years and not *once* have they failed.

Good luck!

Walter.
Old 13-05-2007, 07:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Tony Yarwood wrote:

Hi everybody

Probably been asked a thousands times before, sorry, but what is the
most effective thing I can do about stopping cats crapping in the
wife's pot plants which are outside on the balcony?

Best regards

Tony

Short, sharpened bamboos, say 6" long, inserted blunt end into the soil
with pointed end upwards. if they can't lower their arses to the
ground, then you've sorted the problem. Always worked for us in the
wife's begonia pots.

pesky pepper problems john Edible Gardening 18 28-06-2005 03:12 AM
Question about pesky insects and a beginner to Bonsai Dave C Bonsai 2 20-05-2005 03:20 PM
[IBC] Question about pesky insects and a beginner to Bonsai Billy M. Rhodes Bonsai 0 20-05-2005 11:10 AM
Pesky Lawn Weeds JeffLaw Gardening 67 06-03-2004 04:22 AM
Lawn weed.Pesky!! Peter H Lawns 6 22-07-2003 06:33 AM