GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Trillium (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/158540-trillium.html)

Dave Hill 13-05-2007 10:49 AM

Trillium

When we were at Malvern Show the wife bought 3 Trilliums, being a
Canadian from Ontario she felt she should have her national flower.
Now that we are home she has now asked me what I am going to do with
them, pity she didn't ask before buying.
Has anyone grown them for a prolonged period in pots?
I could plant them out under trees but she would then never see them
as she wouldn't be able to get close enough.
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries

K 13-05-2007 06:37 PM

Trillium

Dave Hill writes
When we were at Malvern Show the wife bought 3 Trilliums, being a
Canadian from Ontario she felt she should have her national flower.
Now that we are home she has now asked me what I am going to do with
them, pity she didn't ask before buying.
Has anyone grown them for a prolonged period in pots?
I could plant them out under trees but she would then never see them
as she wouldn't be able to get close enough.

I'm pretty sure there was one in the alpine house at Harlow Carr last
time I was there, so growing in pots would seem to be possible.
--
Kay

Sacha 13-05-2007 06:59 PM

Trillium

On 13/5/07 10:49, in article
, "Dave Hill"
wrote:

When we were at Malvern Show the wife bought 3 Trilliums, being a
Canadian from Ontario she felt she should have her national flower.
Now that we are home she has now asked me what I am going to do with
them, pity she didn't ask before buying.
Has anyone grown them for a prolonged period in pots?
I could plant them out under trees but she would then never see them
as she wouldn't be able to get close enough.

Don't know, David but in pots under something else? Large pots, of course!
Ray asks me to tell you he's got you one each of 'our' Dahlia imperialis and
'yours', which we'll send to you in the next week or so, unless you're
coming this way?

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk