Old 13-05-2007, 10:49 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Trillium

When we were at Malvern Show the wife bought 3 Trilliums, being a
Canadian from Ontario she felt she should have her national flower.
Now that we are home she has now asked me what I am going to do with
them, pity she didn't ask before buying.
Has anyone grown them for a prolonged period in pots?
I could plant them out under trees but she would then never see them
as she wouldn't be able to get close enough.
David Hill
Abacus Nurseries

Old 13-05-2007, 06:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Dave Hill writes
When we were at Malvern Show the wife bought 3 Trilliums, being a
Canadian from Ontario she felt she should have her national flower.
Now that we are home she has now asked me what I am going to do with
them, pity she didn't ask before buying.
Has anyone grown them for a prolonged period in pots?
I could plant them out under trees but she would then never see them
as she wouldn't be able to get close enough.

I'm pretty sure there was one in the alpine house at Harlow Carr last
time I was there, so growing in pots would seem to be possible.
--
Kay

A couple of trillium pictures Wolf K[_2_] Garden Photos 0 17-05-2010 02:00 AM
Red Trillium Travis M. Garden Photos 0 05-04-2007 09:01 PM
Do You Recognize This Trillium?? paghat Gardening 4 25-04-2004 11:13 PM
Trillium AWM United Kingdom 3 01-04-2003 01:20 AM