GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Plants for ID please (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/158557-plants-id-please.html)

cambsgirl 13-05-2007 08:49 PM

Plants for ID please

have posted this on another forum so apologies if you have already seen it.

have this mystery plant/tree/shrub growing in my bluebells, can anyone ID it please. Many Thanks

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL118.../252301863.jpg
http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL118.../252301857.jpg
http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL118.../252301854.jpg
http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL118.../252301852.jpg
http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL118.../252301824.jpg

Brocsman 15-05-2007 08:59 AM

Could be a plum seedling?

Quote:

Originally Posted by cambsgirl (Post 712966)

Rachel Aitch 15-05-2007 06:17 PM

Hi CambsGirl,

The fifth picture makes it look like a chaemomeles (japanese quince) with that ruffled leaf growing around the stem..... bit unusual to find them in a pot, though, they spread by suckers and normally sprout up from underneath your neighbours' fence!

Are you getting as much rain up there as we are down here?

Rachel