Old 13-05-2007, 08:49 PM
Registered User

Location: Northants
Question Plants for ID please

have posted this on another forum so apologies if you have already seen it.

have this mystery plant/tree/shrub growing in my bluebells, can anyone ID it please. Many Thanks

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL118.../252301863.jpg
http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL118.../252301857.jpg
http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL118.../252301854.jpg
http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL118.../252301852.jpg
http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL118.../252301824.jpg
Old 15-05-2007, 08:59 AM
Registered User

Could be a plum seedling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cambsgirl View Post

Old 15-05-2007, 06:17 PM
Registered User

Location: South Oxfordshire

Hi CambsGirl,

The fifth picture makes it look like a chaemomeles (japanese quince) with that ruffled leaf growing around the stem..... bit unusual to find them in a pot, though, they spread by suckers and normally sprout up from underneath your neighbours' fence!

Are you getting as much rain up there as we are down here?

Rachel
www.Rachel-The-Gardener.co.uk (still building website, don't expect too much!)
Jobbing Gardener, South Oxfordshire
Living Willow Sculptures and Plant Sales