GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Ladybirds (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/158847-ladybirds.html)

Brass Monkey 20-05-2007 04:57 PM

Ladybirds

Hi
I need an organic bug killer.
Is there anywhere I can buy Ladybirds in Kent?

BT[_2_] 21-05-2007 01:13 PM

Ladybirds

http://www.gardening-naturally.com/a...l_Insects.html

La Puce 21-05-2007 05:27 PM

Ladybirds

On 21 May, 13:13, BT wrote:
On May 20, 4:57 pm, "Brass Monkey"
I need an organic bug killer.
Is there anywhere I can buy Ladybirds in Kent?

http://www.gardening-naturally.com/a...l_Insects.html

Blimey! That's £1.67 per ladybird ... You could also try to plant (if
you haven't yet) plants attracting predators such as buddleia, sedum,
dill, angelica, nettles etc. Nettles in your garden is top at
attracting ladybirds because the nettle aphids, which doesn't attack
any other plants, attract the ladybirds. When you have an infestation
you can move the ladybirds where you have a bad infestation. Also a
nettle juice, made with water, which you spray as a bug killer is very
good - it smells really bad, but it works.

BT[_2_] 21-05-2007 07:02 PM

Ladybirds

On May 21, 5:32 pm, La Puce wrote:
On 21 May, 13:13, BT wrote:

On May 20, 4:57 pm, "Brass Monkey"
I need an organic bug killer.
Is there anywhere I can buy Ladybirds in Kent?

http://www.gardening-naturally.com/a...l_Insects.html

Blimey! That's £1.67 per ladybird ... You could also try to plant (if
you haven't yet) plants attracting predators such as buddleia, sedum,
dill, angelica, nettles etc. Nettles in your garden is top at
attracting ladybirds because the nettle aphids, which doesn't attack
any other plants, attract the ladybirds. When you have an infestation
you can move the ladybirds where you have a bad infestation. Also a
nettle juice, made with water, which you spray as a bug killer is very
good - it smells really bad, but it works.

Umm .... maths must not have been your greatest scholastic
achievement :-) Adult Ladybirds are 0.68 each and Larvae 0.40 each
inclusive of postage

La Puce 22-05-2007 11:31 AM

Ladybirds

On 21 May, 19:02, BT wrote:
Umm .... maths must not have been your greatest scholastic
achievement :-) Adult Ladybirds are 0.68 each and Larvae 0.40 each
inclusive of postage

:o))) You're right! Got the price wrong (I took £48 as the total of
the cost of the bag ... and don't ask me why ;o)

Still, 68p for a ladybird ...!