Old 20-05-2007, 04:57 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Ladybirds

Hi
I need an organic bug killer.
Is there anywhere I can buy Ladybirds in Kent?

Old 21-05-2007, 01:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

http://www.gardening-naturally.com/a...l_Insects.html

Old 21-05-2007, 05:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 21 May, 13:13, BT wrote:
On May 20, 4:57 pm, "Brass Monkey"
I need an organic bug killer.
Is there anywhere I can buy Ladybirds in Kent?

http://www.gardening-naturally.com/a...l_Insects.html

Blimey! That's £1.67 per ladybird ... You could also try to plant (if
you haven't yet) plants attracting predators such as buddleia, sedum,
dill, angelica, nettles etc. Nettles in your garden is top at
attracting ladybirds because the nettle aphids, which doesn't attack
any other plants, attract the ladybirds. When you have an infestation
you can move the ladybirds where you have a bad infestation. Also a
nettle juice, made with water, which you spray as a bug killer is very
good - it smells really bad, but it works.

Old 21-05-2007, 07:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On May 21, 5:32 pm, La Puce wrote:
On 21 May, 13:13, BT wrote:

On May 20, 4:57 pm, "Brass Monkey"
I need an organic bug killer.
Is there anywhere I can buy Ladybirds in Kent?

http://www.gardening-naturally.com/a...l_Insects.html

Blimey! That's £1.67 per ladybird ... You could also try to plant (if
you haven't yet) plants attracting predators such as buddleia, sedum,
dill, angelica, nettles etc. Nettles in your garden is top at
attracting ladybirds because the nettle aphids, which doesn't attack
any other plants, attract the ladybirds. When you have an infestation
you can move the ladybirds where you have a bad infestation. Also a
nettle juice, made with water, which you spray as a bug killer is very
good - it smells really bad, but it works.

Umm .... maths must not have been your greatest scholastic
achievement :-) Adult Ladybirds are 0.68 each and Larvae 0.40 each
inclusive of postage

Old 22-05-2007, 11:31 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 21 May, 19:02, BT wrote:
Umm .... maths must not have been your greatest scholastic
achievement :-) Adult Ladybirds are 0.68 each and Larvae 0.40 each
inclusive of postage

))) You're right! Got the price wrong (I took £48 as the total of
the cost of the bag ... and don't ask me why ;o)

Still, 68p for a ladybird ...!

Ladybirds Troy United Kingdom 32 27-03-2005 10:55 PM
Ladybirds galore Pam Morris United Kingdom 2 27-03-2005 10:50 AM
Greenfly / Ladybirds JennyC United Kingdom 7 16-05-2004 01:11 PM
Ladybirds Troy United Kingdom 2 18-04-2004 05:07 AM
where are all the ladybirds? Pickle United Kingdom 6 08-07-2003 06:32 AM