GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   2 questions Dicentra and Cala's (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/158947-2-questions-dicentra-calas.html)

stevej 22-05-2007 01:24 PM

2 questions Dicentra and Cala's

Hi

Last month I bought a Dicentra Spectabilis and placed it in a
container at the front of the house, which gets sun approx half of the
day, I have watered and fed it. It was in full flower and was very
impressive, but now it's lost it's flowers, even though the weather
has improved. How should I care for it to keep it in flower longer or
get it to re-flower ?

Second question on Cala's

I have some white ones which are I think Zantedschia Crowborough, and
are quite full and sending up a flower plume. My yellow one's which I
think are Z. Elliottana ( specled leaf ) are barely shooting at the
tubers. Why are they so far behind the other variety and is there
anything I could of done to get the Elliottana's further on ?

many thanks
Steve