Old 22-05-2007, 01:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default 2 questions Dicentra and Cala's

Hi

Last month I bought a Dicentra Spectabilis and placed it in a
container at the front of the house, which gets sun approx half of the
day, I have watered and fed it. It was in full flower and was very
impressive, but now it's lost it's flowers, even though the weather
has improved. How should I care for it to keep it in flower longer or
get it to re-flower ?

Second question on Cala's

I have some white ones which are I think Zantedschia Crowborough, and
are quite full and sending up a flower plume. My yellow one's which I
think are Z. Elliottana ( specled leaf ) are barely shooting at the
tubers. Why are they so far behind the other variety and is there
anything I could of done to get the Elliottana's further on ?

many thanks
Steve

2 questions Dicentra and Cala's stevej United Kingdom 2 23-05-2007 08:30 AM
Dicentra scandens Sacha United Kingdom 9 20-07-2006 06:15 PM
zantedeshia / cala stevej United Kingdom 2 10-04-2006 10:09 AM
What's wrong with my Dicentra? gogo United Kingdom 3 07-06-2005 10:05 PM
Dicentra scandens paghat Gardening 0 14-07-2003 05:52 AM