GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Whats this then ladies/gents? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/159381-whats-then-ladies-gents.html)

Mark Thomas 30-05-2007 02:14 PM

Whats this then ladies/gents?

Hi,

Colleague of mine saw this in a front garden in Hampshire and we
wondered what it was?

http://www.writerslife.net/flower.html

Anyone know what this is?

Sorry for poor picture but I think it should be sufficient?

Thanks

Mark

Serena Blanchflower 30-05-2007 02:25 PM

* Mark Thomas wrote, On 30/05/2007 14:14:
Hi,

Colleague of mine saw this in a front garden in Hampshire and we
wondered what it was?

http://www.writerslife.net/flower.html

Anyone know what this is?

Sorry for poor picture but I think it should be sufficient?

Thanks

Mark

It looks like an Aquilegia, of some kind.

--
Cheers, Serena
Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but she did

Mark Thomas 30-05-2007 02:30 PM

Whats this then ladies/gents?

On May 30, 2:25 pm, Serena Blanchflower
wrote:
* Mark Thomas wrote, On 30/05/2007 14:14:

Hi,

Colleague of mine saw this in a front garden in Hampshire and we
wondered what it was?

http://www.writerslife.net/flower.html

Anyone know what this is?

Sorry for poor picture but I think it should be sufficient?

Thanks

Mark

It looks like an Aquilegia, of some kind.

--
Cheers, Serena
Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but she did
it backwards and in high heels (Faith Whittlesey)

excellent - Aquilegia Formosa by the looks of it - thanks google
images :)

Cheers!

mark

Stewart Robert Hinsley 30-05-2007 02:31 PM

Whats this then ladies/gents?

In message .com, Mark
Thomas writes
Hi,

Colleague of mine saw this in a front garden in Hampshire and we
wondered what it was?

http://www.writerslife.net/flower.html

Anyone know what this is?

Sorry for poor picture but I think it should be sufficient?

Thanks

Mark

Long-spurred variety of Aquilegia (Columbine). Perhaps someone else can
identify the particular species.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley

Mark Thomas 31-05-2007 10:18 PM

Whats this then ladies/gents?

On May 30, 2:31 pm, Stewart Robert Hinsley
wrote:
In message .com, Mark
Thomas writesHi,

Colleague of mine saw this in a front garden in Hampshire and we
wondered what it was?

http://www.writerslife.net/flower.html

Anyone know what this is?

Sorry for poor picture but I think it should be sufficient?

Thanks

Mark

Long-spurred variety of Aquilegia (Columbine). Perhaps someone else can
identify the particular species.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley

cheers everybody peeps.