Old 30-05-2007, 02:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Whats this then ladies/gents?

Hi,

Colleague of mine saw this in a front garden in Hampshire and we
wondered what it was?

http://www.writerslife.net/flower.html

Anyone know what this is?

Sorry for poor picture but I think it should be sufficient?

Thanks

Mark

Old 30-05-2007, 02:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

* Mark Thomas wrote, On 30/05/2007 14:14:
Hi,

Colleague of mine saw this in a front garden in Hampshire and we
wondered what it was?

http://www.writerslife.net/flower.html

Anyone know what this is?

Sorry for poor picture but I think it should be sufficient?

Thanks

Mark

It looks like an Aquilegia, of some kind.

--
Cheers, Serena
Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but she did
Old 30-05-2007, 02:30 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On May 30, 2:25 pm, Serena Blanchflower
wrote:
* Mark Thomas wrote, On 30/05/2007 14:14:

Hi,

Colleague of mine saw this in a front garden in Hampshire and we
wondered what it was?

http://www.writerslife.net/flower.html

Anyone know what this is?

Sorry for poor picture but I think it should be sufficient?

Thanks

Mark

It looks like an Aquilegia, of some kind.

--
Cheers, Serena
Remember, Ginger Rogers did everything Fred Astaire did, but she did
it backwards and in high heels (Faith Whittlesey)

excellent - Aquilegia Formosa by the looks of it - thanks google
images

Cheers!

mark

Old 30-05-2007, 02:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message .com, Mark
Thomas writes
Hi,

Colleague of mine saw this in a front garden in Hampshire and we
wondered what it was?

http://www.writerslife.net/flower.html

Anyone know what this is?

Sorry for poor picture but I think it should be sufficient?

Thanks

Mark

Long-spurred variety of Aquilegia (Columbine). Perhaps someone else can
identify the particular species.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley
Old 31-05-2007, 10:18 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On May 30, 2:31 pm, Stewart Robert Hinsley
wrote:
In message .com, Mark
Thomas writesHi,

Colleague of mine saw this in a front garden in Hampshire and we
wondered what it was?

http://www.writerslife.net/flower.html

Anyone know what this is?

Sorry for poor picture but I think it should be sufficient?

Thanks

Mark

Long-spurred variety of Aquilegia (Columbine). Perhaps someone else can
identify the particular species.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley

cheers everybody peeps.

Mark

Whats Hot and Whats Not In Garden Centres This Year? [email protected] United Kingdom 0 15-07-2008 07:43 PM
Whats in flower then? andrewpreece United Kingdom 34 10-01-2005 11:07 AM
Happy Father's Day to us? Even if the Ladies don't care! Just Me \Koi\ Ponds 8 22-06-2004 12:06 PM
OT for the Ladies KenCo Ponds 11 17-12-2003 06:36 PM
Blushing old ladies and young maidens, with boxes of spring scattered about madgarder Gardening 10 01-04-2003 12:44 PM