GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   CAn anyony id this multicolour rose please. (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/159583-can-anyony-id-multicolour-rose-please.html)

john smile 05-06-2007 12:03 AM

CAn anyony id this multicolour rose please.

I bought this house from a keen gardener. The garden is full of trees
and flowers. It took me 1.5 summers to id about 90 percent of them by
myself in the library but this pretty rose is really bugging me.

The flower is about 1.5 to 2 inches wide, 5 shiny small leaves, no
smell, next to an apple tree and a six foot fence as shown on the
picture. It is free flowering i think.

http://i19.tinypic.com/53zs7et.jpg

Thank you.

K 05-06-2007 08:40 PM

CAn anyony id this multicolour rose please.

john smile writes
I bought this house from a keen gardener. The garden is full of trees
and flowers. It took me 1.5 summers to id about 90 percent of them by
myself in the library but this pretty rose is really bugging me.

The flower is about 1.5 to 2 inches wide, 5 shiny small leaves, no
smell, next to an apple tree and a six foot fence as shown on the
picture. It is free flowering i think.

http://i19.tinypic.com/53zs7et.jpg

Try one of the musk roses, Buff Beauty or Cornelia. Flowers tend to
change colour as they mature.
Just a suggestion, quite possibly wildly wrong. But I was going from
abundance of flower and general growth habit.
--
Kay

john smile 05-06-2007 11:05 PM

CAn anyony id this multicolour rose please.

Just found it. By searching for the roses you had mtioned above, i
came across it. I know this rose like my own face, I recognised it
straight away.

Thank you for help. I will sleep well tonight.

K 05-06-2007 11:53 PM

CAn anyony id this multicolour rose please.

john smile writes
Just found it. By searching for the roses you had mtioned above, i
came across it. I know this rose like my own face, I recognised it
straight away.

Thank you for help. I will sleep well tonight.

So what was it?!
--
Kay

john smile 06-06-2007 09:04 PM

CAn anyony id this multicolour rose please.

Sorry ......... it was Phyllis Bide.... I have already took some
cutting from it.

Janet Tweedy 07-06-2007 01:31 PM

CAn anyony id this multicolour rose please.

In article , K
writes

Try one of the musk roses, Buff Beauty

I wouldn't have said the growth was strong enough for Buff beauty Kay
and my flowers are darker and mine don't look so much like a rambler or
climbing rose. Besides Buff Beauty is one of THE best for scent!

--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph