Old 05-06-2007, 12:03 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default CAn anyony id this multicolour rose please.

I bought this house from a keen gardener. The garden is full of trees
and flowers. It took me 1.5 summers to id about 90 percent of them by
myself in the library but this pretty rose is really bugging me.

The flower is about 1.5 to 2 inches wide, 5 shiny small leaves, no
smell, next to an apple tree and a six foot fence as shown on the
picture. It is free flowering i think.

http://i19.tinypic.com/53zs7et.jpg

Thank you.

Old 05-06-2007, 08:40 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

john smile writes
I bought this house from a keen gardener. The garden is full of trees
and flowers. It took me 1.5 summers to id about 90 percent of them by
myself in the library but this pretty rose is really bugging me.

The flower is about 1.5 to 2 inches wide, 5 shiny small leaves, no
smell, next to an apple tree and a six foot fence as shown on the
picture. It is free flowering i think.

http://i19.tinypic.com/53zs7et.jpg

Try one of the musk roses, Buff Beauty or Cornelia. Flowers tend to
change colour as they mature.
Just a suggestion, quite possibly wildly wrong. But I was going from
abundance of flower and general growth habit.
--
Kay
Old 05-06-2007, 11:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Just found it. By searching for the roses you had mtioned above, i
came across it. I know this rose like my own face, I recognised it
straight away.

Thank you for help. I will sleep well tonight.

Old 05-06-2007, 11:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

john smile writes
Just found it. By searching for the roses you had mtioned above, i
came across it. I know this rose like my own face, I recognised it
straight away.

Thank you for help. I will sleep well tonight.

So what was it?!
--
Kay
Old 06-06-2007, 09:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Sorry ......... it was Phyllis Bide.... I have already took some
cutting from it.

Old 07-06-2007, 01:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , K
writes

Try one of the musk roses, Buff Beauty

I wouldn't have said the growth was strong enough for Buff beauty Kay
and my flowers are darker and mine don't look so much like a rambler or
climbing rose. Besides Buff Beauty is one of THE best for scent!

--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph