Old 12-06-2007, 12:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default videojug

Have any of you found www.videojug.com ?
I just had a look at one item from the gardening section. It would be
very useful for beginners, as it is VERY basic.
What do others think?

Pam in Bristol
Old 12-06-2007, 12:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Pam Moore
writes
Have any of you found www.videojug.com ?
I just had a look at one item from the gardening section. It would be
very useful for beginners, as it is VERY basic.
What do others think?

The ever changing image blinking at the corner of my vision while trying
to read the too small font about where I might like to go was enough to
make me reach first for the ad blocking option and then, because it is a
flash presentation and not covered by ad blocking, close my browser
window and seek no further enlightenment from them.

I have no comment to make on the content, nor am I ever likely to.

--
steve auvache
Sunny Essex.
Old 12-06-2007, 02:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 12:43:29 +0100, steve auvache
wrote:

In article , Pam Moore
writes
Have any of you found www.videojug.com ?
I just had a look at one item from the gardening section. It would be
very useful for beginners, as it is VERY basic.
What do others think?

The ever changing image blinking at the corner of my vision while trying
to read the too small font about where I might like to go was enough to
make me reach first for the ad blocking option and then, because it is a
flash presentation and not covered by ad blocking, close my browser
window and seek no further enlightenment from them.

I have no comment to make on the content, nor am I ever likely to.

Steve, were we looking at the same site? I had no "blinking images"
and no ads, though I use Googles pop-up blocker.
I'm visually impaired and was able to read the fonts OK, though I do
have my fonts set larger than normal.

Pam in Bristol
Old 12-06-2007, 03:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Pam Moore
writes
On Tue, 12 Jun 2007 12:43:29 +0100, steve auvache
wrote:

In article , Pam Moore
writes
Have any of you found www.videojug.com ?
I just had a look at one item from the gardening section. It would be
very useful for beginners, as it is VERY basic.
What do others think?

The ever changing image blinking at the corner of my vision while trying
to read the too small font about where I might like to go was enough to
make me reach first for the ad blocking option and then, because it is a
flash presentation and not covered by ad blocking, close my browser
window and seek no further enlightenment from them.

I have no comment to make on the content, nor am I ever likely to.

Steve, were we looking at the same site? I had no "blinking images"

The top left is a box with pictures that change every few seconds.

and no ads, though I use Googles pop-up blocker.

I use firefox with a plugin called Adblock Plus. I also have pop ups
blocked a bit. This though is probably an embedded flash presentation
of the sort that doesn't need my permission to display.

You probably have Flash turned off as well, I do not. I would love to do
that but I visit some sites regularly which use flash presentations and
pop ups so have to leave the thing only partially neutered.

I'm visually impaired and was able to read the fonts OK, though I do
have my fonts set larger than normal.

So do I but I find the slightly subliminal ever changing image on the
periphery of my vision a nuisance. When I come across a web site that
uses it I tend to go elsewhere and am more than happy to suggest others
do similar.

Whether true or not I have no idea but the evidence of my own eyes
strongly suggests that the more tat you get round the edges of a web
page the less useful is the information which is crammed into the space
in the middle.

--
steve auvache
Sunny Essex