Old 20-06-2007, 07:16 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Amnesty International UK Support Abortion Despite Oppositionfrom Members

Alan Holmes wrote:
"0+0" wrote in message
Amnesty International UK Support Abortion Despite Opposition from
Members

Mar 29, 2007

http://www.prolife.org.uk/show?item=4
At it's AGM last weekend, AIUK adopted a position in support of
abortion despite the fact that their internal consultation process
found that members rejected a pro-abortion policy. The views expressed
in the consultation were intended to help inform the discussion of
this issue at the AGM.

There were 1800 responses to the consultation (just under 1% of
membership). The following questions were asked:

Q1 - Do you agree that AI should develop policy to enable research and
action to achieve the following:

- decriminalisation of abortion

- access to quality services for the management of complications
arising from abortions

- access to abortion in cases of rape, sexual assault, incest, and
risk to a woman's life?

Yes: 45.4%
No: 45.7%
Undecided: 8.0%
No answer: 0.8%

Q2 - Are there any further circumstances under which AI should develop
policy on abortion? eg risk to mother's health, severe foetal
development, sex-selective abortions, unwanted pregnancy in forced or
early marriages etc.

Yes: 31.1%
No: 42.6%
Undecided: 8.0%
No answer: 18.4%

Q3. Should AI take the view that a woman's right to physical and
mental integrity (her safety and health) includes her right to
terminate her pregnancy within reasonable limitations, if she chooses
to do so? So abortion should be legal, safe and accessible for all
women?

Yes: 35.3%
No: 52.8%
Undecided: 9.6%
No answer: 2.3%

And this hypocritical stance from the Amnesty website!

" WANT TO GET MORE INVOLVED?

Get your friends to stand up for humanity and human rights - forward
this email "

I would suggest if we want to *Get your friends to stand up for
humanity and human rights *

We all condemn their supporting the murder of innocents by sending an
email to:

If you have any queries or feedback about this email or Amnesty's
work, please get in touch with our Supporter Care team on

--

Hansom 0++0

Avoid the rush at the last judgement. Be converted now instead!

PRAYER FOR A NATION

When Pastor Joe Wright, of Central Christian Church, was asked
to open the new session of the Kansas Senate, everyone was expecting
the usual politically correct generalities.
But what they heard instead was this:

Heavenly Father, we come before You today to ask Your forgiveness
and seek your direction and guidance.
We know Your Word says,
'Woe on those who call evil good,' but that's exactly what we have done.
We have lost our spiritual equilibrium and inverted our values.

We confess that:

We have ridiculed the absolute truth of Your Word and called it pluralism;

We have, worshipped other gods and called it multiculturalism;

We have endorsed perversion and called it an alternative lifestyle;

We have exploited the poor and called it the lottery;

We have neglected the needy and called it self-preservation;

We have killed our unborn and called it choice;

We have neglected to discipline our children and called it building
self-esteem;

We have abused power and called it political savvy;

We have coveted our neighbour's possessions and called it ambition;

We have polluted the air with profanity and pornography and called it
freedom of expression;

We have ridiculed the time-honoured values of our forefathers and called
it enlightenment.

Search us, 0 God, and know our hearts today; try us and see if there be
some wicked way in us;
cleanse us from every sin and set us free. Guide and bless these men and
women who have
been sent here by the people of Kansas, and who have been ordained by You,
to govern this great state.

Grant them Your wisdom to rule and may their decisions direct us to the
centre of Your will. I ask it in the name of Your Son, the Living Saviour,
Jesus Christ. Amen."

See my other post about god being a murdering *******, if (s)he exists at
all.

And, again I have to ask, what the hell does this have to do with
birdwatching?

About as much as it does with gardening Alan.

Following your lead I haven't snipped the crap since I consider your
"home" group might like to see how you post elsewhere. On this occasion
I have not responded to another similar post by you.

--
Old Codger
e-mail use reply to field

Old 20-06-2007, 08:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

On Wed, 20 Jun 2007 19:16:18 +0100, Old Codger
wrote:

Cheeky,Todger! That's patented!

--