GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Hedgehog update (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/161339-hedgehog-update.html)

Charlie Pridham 06-07-2007 07:03 PM

Hedgehog update

Our grumpy female hedgehog has added another trick to its repertoire, this
is what we found when attempting to feed the dog at 6 this evening, cheeky
beggar had got past two doors in broad daylight and did not de-camp even
when my wife started cooking our tea
www.roselandhouse.co.uk/hedgehog.jpg

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Sam 06-07-2007 07:56 PM

Hedgehog update

Charlie Pridham wrote:
Our grumpy female hedgehog has added another trick to its repertoire, this
is what we found when attempting to feed the dog at 6 this evening, cheeky
beggar had got past two doors in broad daylight and did not de-camp even
when my wife started cooking our tea
www.roselandhouse.co.uk/hedgehog.jpg

You're lucky to have a hedgehog, Charlie. What's your
garden like for slugs and snails ? They are so bad with
me that I just avoid growing some vegetables. I used to
have hedgehogs years ago and they kept the garden clean.
Wish they were back.
Sam

Sacha 06-07-2007 11:16 PM

Hedgehog update

On 6/7/07 22:11, in article gum-uwief,
"Zhang DaWei" wrote:

On Friday 06 Jul 2007 19:56, Sam
) wrote:

You're lucky to have a hedgehog, Charlie. What's your
garden like for slugs and snails ? They are so bad with
me that I just avoid growing some vegetables. I used to
have hedgehogs years ago and they kept the garden clean.
Wish they were back.

I'd love to have hedgehogs in my garden and allotment. We made a nice house
(well two in each place) for any itinerant ones to make a home in, and so
far, zilch! Its Gastropods Galore! here and has been for a few years.

With badgers, you'll be lucky to get hedgehogs - badgers eat them! We do
get hedgehogs in our garden sometimes, even though it's badger country.
It's as if they've worked out some kind of accord - badgers do fields,
hedgehogs do gardens.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Stuart G Gray 07-07-2007 01:05 AM

Hedgehog update

Sam wrote in
om:

You're lucky to have a hedgehog, Charlie. What's your
garden like for slugs and snails ? They are so bad with
me that I just avoid growing some vegetables. I used to
have hedgehogs years ago and they kept the garden clean.
Wish they were back.

I could post you a couple. They seem to use our back garden as some sort of
fight arena. :-)

--
Stuart G Gray (Tunku)

"Caution : traces of irony and other metallic objects may be present in the
above post"

Mark[_6_] 07-07-2007 08:11 AM

Hedgehog update

"Stuart G Gray" wrote in message
09.145...
Sam wrote in
om:

You're lucky to have a hedgehog, Charlie. What's your
garden like for slugs and snails ? They are so bad with
me that I just avoid growing some vegetables. I used to
have hedgehogs years ago and they kept the garden clean.
Wish they were back.

I could post you a couple. They seem to use our back garden as some sort
of
fight arena. :-)

My snails fight like hell too!

mark

Sacha 07-07-2007 08:59 AM

Hedgehog update

On 7/7/07 01:05, in article
5, "Stuart G Gray"
wrote:

Sam wrote in
om:

You're lucky to have a hedgehog, Charlie. What's your
garden like for slugs and snails ? They are so bad with
me that I just avoid growing some vegetables. I used to
have hedgehogs years ago and they kept the garden clean.
Wish they were back.

I could post you a couple. They seem to use our back garden as some sort of
fight arena. :-)

Apparently that's their mating habit - extremely noisy! I wonder if it's
embarrassing to other hedgehogs. ;-)

David \(Normandy\) 07-07-2007 09:37 AM

Hedgehog update

"Mark" wrote in message

"Stuart G Gray" wrote in message
09.145...
Sam wrote in
om:

You're lucky to have a hedgehog, Charlie. What's your
garden like for slugs and snails ? They are so bad with
me that I just avoid growing some vegetables. I used to
have hedgehogs years ago and they kept the garden clean.
Wish they were back.

I could post you a couple. They seem to use our back garden as some sort
of
fight arena. :-)

My snails fight like hell too!

mark

Do they "slug" it out?

David.

Crundy 07-07-2007 11:23 AM

Hedgehog update

My snails fight like hell too!

Do they "slug" it out?

Go and stand in the corner and think about what you've done!

David \(Normandy\) 07-07-2007 12:27 PM

Hedgehog update

"Crundy" wrote in message
My snails fight like hell too!

Do they "slug" it out?

Go and stand in the corner and think about what you've done!

:-( ... goes and stands in corner sulking, wearing 'Silly boy' hat.

David.

Charlie Pridham 07-07-2007 04:06 PM

Hedgehog update

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
On 7/7/07 01:05, in article
5, "Stuart G Gray"
wrote:

Sam wrote in
om:

You're lucky to have a hedgehog, Charlie. What's your
garden like for slugs and snails ? They are so bad with
me that I just avoid growing some vegetables. I used to
have hedgehogs years ago and they kept the garden clean.
Wish they were back.

I expect I have lots of slugs and snails otherwise the hedgehogs would go
elsewhere :~)