Old 06-07-2007, 07:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Hedgehog update

Our grumpy female hedgehog has added another trick to its repertoire, this
is what we found when attempting to feed the dog at 6 this evening, cheeky
beggar had got past two doors in broad daylight and did not de-camp even
when my wife started cooking our tea
www.roselandhouse.co.uk/hedgehog.jpg

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Old 06-07-2007, 07:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Sam Sam is offline

Charlie Pridham wrote:
Our grumpy female hedgehog has added another trick to its repertoire, this
is what we found when attempting to feed the dog at 6 this evening, cheeky
beggar had got past two doors in broad daylight and did not de-camp even
when my wife started cooking our tea
www.roselandhouse.co.uk/hedgehog.jpg

You're lucky to have a hedgehog, Charlie. What's your
garden like for slugs and snails ? They are so bad with
me that I just avoid growing some vegetables. I used to
have hedgehogs years ago and they kept the garden clean.
Wish they were back.
Sam
Old 07-07-2007, 01:05 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Sam wrote in
om:

You're lucky to have a hedgehog, Charlie. What's your
garden like for slugs and snails ? They are so bad with
me that I just avoid growing some vegetables. I used to
have hedgehogs years ago and they kept the garden clean.
Wish they were back.

I could post you a couple. They seem to use our back garden as some sort of
fight arena. :-)

--
Stuart G Gray (Tunku)

"Caution : traces of irony and other metallic objects may be present in the
above post"
Old 07-07-2007, 08:11 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Stuart G Gray" wrote in message
09.145...
Sam wrote in
om:

You're lucky to have a hedgehog, Charlie. What's your
garden like for slugs and snails ? They are so bad with
me that I just avoid growing some vegetables. I used to
have hedgehogs years ago and they kept the garden clean.
Wish they were back.

I could post you a couple. They seem to use our back garden as some sort
of
fight arena. :-)

My snails fight like hell too!

mark

Old 07-07-2007, 08:59 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 7/7/07 01:05, in article
5, "Stuart G Gray"
wrote:

Sam wrote in
om:

You're lucky to have a hedgehog, Charlie. What's your
garden like for slugs and snails ? They are so bad with
me that I just avoid growing some vegetables. I used to
have hedgehogs years ago and they kept the garden clean.
Wish they were back.

I could post you a couple. They seem to use our back garden as some sort of
fight arena. :-)

Apparently that's their mating habit - extremely noisy! I wonder if it's
embarrassing to other hedgehogs. ;-)
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 07-07-2007, 09:37 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Mark" wrote in message

"Stuart G Gray" wrote in message
09.145...
Sam wrote in
om:

You're lucky to have a hedgehog, Charlie. What's your
garden like for slugs and snails ? They are so bad with
me that I just avoid growing some vegetables. I used to
have hedgehogs years ago and they kept the garden clean.
Wish they were back.

I could post you a couple. They seem to use our back garden as some sort
of
fight arena. :-)

My snails fight like hell too!

mark

Do they "slug" it out?

David.

Old 07-07-2007, 11:23 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

My snails fight like hell too!

Do they "slug" it out?

Go and stand in the corner and think about what you've done!

Old 07-07-2007, 12:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Crundy" wrote in message
My snails fight like hell too!

Do they "slug" it out?

Go and stand in the corner and think about what you've done!

:-( ... goes and stands in corner sulking, wearing 'Silly boy' hat.

David.

Old 07-07-2007, 04:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
On 7/7/07 01:05, in article
5, "Stuart G Gray"
wrote:

Sam wrote in
om:

You're lucky to have a hedgehog, Charlie. What's your
garden like for slugs and snails ? They are so bad with
me that I just avoid growing some vegetables. I used to
have hedgehogs years ago and they kept the garden clean.
Wish they were back.

I expect I have lots of slugs and snails otherwise the hedgehogs would go
elsewhere :~)