GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Query for Charlie (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/161854-query-charlie.html)

Sacha 18-07-2007 10:58 AM

Query for Charlie

Charlie, did you get any Rhamnus from seeds last year? I remember you
saying you were going to try that and Ray's going to try this year. His
remarks about it yesterday jogged my memory.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Charlie Pridham 18-07-2007 08:20 PM

Query for Charlie

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
Charlie, did you get any Rhamnus from seeds last year? I remember you
saying you were going to try that and Ray's going to try this year. His
remarks about it yesterday jogged my memory.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
(remove weeds from address)
children.'

I collected the seed but then thought "what am I doing?" I don't want it to
sell it and I have a lovely one already in the garden so I binned the seed!
sorry.
It has a huge crop again this year.

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Sacha 18-07-2007 11:15 PM

Query for Charlie

On 18/7/07 20:20, in article , "Charlie
Pridham" wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
Charlie, did you get any Rhamnus from seeds last year? I remember you
saying you were going to try that and Ray's going to try this year. His
remarks about it yesterday jogged my memory.

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
(remove weeds from address)
children.'

I collected the seed but then thought "what am I doing?" I don't want it to
sell it and I have a lovely one already in the garden so I binned the seed!
sorry.
It has a huge crop again this year.

Charlie! I'll strangle you! Send it to us, please. It's a wonderful plant
and so hard to propagate!

Charlie Pridham 19-07-2007 08:37 AM

Query for Charlie

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
On 18/7/07 20:20, in article , "Charlie
Pridham" wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
[...]

I will see whats left, the irony is that I took just a single cutting
originally from a friends garden, it grew, and I have never managed to get
it to root since!

Sacha 19-07-2007 11:45 AM

Query for Charlie

On 19/7/07 08:37, in article , "Charlie
Pridham" wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...

snip I collected the seed but then thought "what am I doing?" I don't
want it
sell it and I have a lovely one already in the garden so I binned the

seed!
sorry.
It has a huge crop again this year.

Charlie! I'll strangle you! Send it to us, please. It's a wonderful

plant
and so hard to propagate!

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
(remove weeds from address)

I will see whats left, the irony is that I took just a single cutting
originally from a friends garden, it grew, and I have never managed to get
it to root since!

We were consoled to find that Olivier Filippi also finds it hard to
propagate. I think Ray got about 3 to strike but goodness knows how many he
tried from.

Charlie Pridham[_2_] 21-07-2007 09:54 AM

Query for Charlie

. uk...
Pridham" wrote:

"Sacha" wrote in message
[...]

Back on line, we have had summer of sorts here the last 3 days, warm bright
sunny weather and no wind, but on Thursday from apparently clear blue sky a
huge flash bang of thunder and the computer was fried along with lots of
other stuff.

My birds are quick but I was quicker! I have some of this years seed if you
want them?

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk
Holders of National collections of Clematis viticella
and Lapageria rosea cultivars

Sacha 21-07-2007 10:41 AM

Query for Charlie

On 21/7/07 09:54, in article , "Charlie
Pridham" wrote:
snip
Back on line, we have had summer of sorts here the last 3 days, warm bright
sunny weather and no wind, but on Thursday from apparently clear blue sky a
huge flash bang of thunder and the computer was fried along with lots of
other stuff.

My birds are quick but I was quicker! I have some of this years seed if you
want them?

Yes please! Very kind of you, Charlie. We had some thunder here but no
rain to speak of. I was in town, expecting to be half-drowned in a downpour
that never materialised. I know we all remark on it but it is a very
strange weather pattern. When you think that Bristol got such a horrible
bashing in the rain and it's only 2 hours from here by car, it's remarkable
that so far, we've had 3 bright almost totally dry days.