Old 20-07-2007, 08:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Tab Tab is offline

Default Marigolds

My wife has some marigolds in a pot and the flowers seem to be getting eaten
by some bug.She has tried spraying them with Provado Bug Killer from Focus
garden dept.but they are still disappearing.Has anyone else had this problem
and if so how did they cure it.She has other plants in pots near the
marigolds but they seem to be OK I would be grateful for answers to this
problem.

tab

Old 20-07-2007, 11:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Tab" wrote in message
My wife has some marigolds in a pot and the flowers seem to be getting

eaten
by some bug.She has tried spraying them with Provado Bug Killer from

Focus
garden dept.but they are still disappearing.Has anyone else had this

problem
and if so how did they cure it.She has other plants in pots near the
marigolds but they seem to be OK I would be grateful for answers to

this
problem.

tab

Have a good look under the foliage and also under the pot(s) to see if
there are any snails/slugs lurking about as they love marigolds.

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

Old 21-07-2007, 08:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Tab Tab is offline

"Emrys Davies" wrote in message
"Tab" wrote in message
My wife has some marigolds in a pot and the flowers seem to be getting

eaten
by some bug.She has tried spraying them with Provado Bug Killer from

Focus
garden dept.but they are still disappearing.Has anyone else had this

problem
and if so how did they cure it.She has other plants in pots near the
marigolds but they seem to be OK I would be grateful for answers to

this
problem.

tab

Have a good look under the foliage and also under the pot(s) to see if
there are any snails/slugs lurking about as they love marigolds.

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

Thanks Emrys.Have not seen any snails around but wife thinks if she
sprinkles salt around the pot that should keep snails away.I'll take her
word for it!!

tab

Old 22-07-2007, 02:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

First make sure they are not resident in the pot! Take a good look under
the foliage!

--

Baal

I smile and go off waving
(Amiably) - for that's my way

marigolds bug Pluker4 North Carolina 0 06-07-2003 03:21 AM
Marigolds Kieron United Kingdom 1 29-05-2003 05:24 AM
Marsh Marigolds - WAYYY too many! MichaelJ Gardening 0 15-05-2003 01:20 AM
Marigolds from seed - question Emrys Davies United Kingdom 1 03-05-2003 07:08 PM
Mums and marigolds by seeds? [email protected] Gardening 0 30-01-2003 06:19 PM