Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 22-07-2007, 06:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Identification of salads please?

With the poor weather and the general lack of time, I have had little
time to do much in and keep an eye on the garden. However, in recent
times, I have noticed some plants growing in a straight line where I
sowed half of a packet of mixed lettuce leaves. However, they do not
look like anything I have ever seen or eaten as lettuce until now.
Can anyone please take a look at tell me whether these are safe to
eat? There are two types. The first photo shows them together, and
the second and third focus on the two different types.

The other half of the packed, sowed on another row, has not even
germinated - whether this is due to poor weather or whether the seeds
have been eaten by something, I don't know.

TIA.

http://i15.tinypic.com/6c7q1s2.jpg
http://i12.tinypic.com/62h3x47.jpg
http://i10.tinypic.com/4ykdtev.jpg

Cat(h)

PS - I seem to have been very efficient about erradicating any trace
of "chervil", so have not been able to take a pic for proper
identification here :-(