GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   "Red Wine headache" (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/162253-red-wine-headache.html)

Uncle Marvo 27-07-2007 10:48 AM

"Red Wine headache"

, I, Marvo, say :

"shazzbat" wrote in message I
should rephrase "feel bad". I'm not embarrassed or ashamed of it, I
just
wish that I could enjoy it like others obviously do.

I am the same as you. I have given up trying to drink red wine. The
hangover is dreadful too:( I drink white wine or gin and never
have a headache or a hangover!!

I drink white wine AND gin and I still don't get one.

Ophelia[_2_] 27-07-2007 10:49 AM

"Red Wine headache"

"Uncle Marvo" wrote in message
, I, Marvo, say :

"shazzbat" wrote in message I
should rephrase "feel bad". I'm not embarrassed or ashamed of it, I
just
wish that I could enjoy it like others obviously do.

I am the same as you. I have given up trying to drink red wine. The
hangover is dreadful too:( I drink white wine or gin and never
have a headache or a hangover!!

I drink white wine AND gin and I still don't get one.

LOL well OK!! So do I, but not in the same glass:))

'Mike' 27-07-2007 10:57 AM

"Red Wine headache"

"Ophelia" wrote in message
'Mike' wrote:
Carefully and without insult, say what you feel and think. Only a few
poor souls will take umbrage :-)

Kind regards

... and they can safely be ignored:))

indeed :-))

Mike

Reunion Bournemouth August/September 2007
www.rneba.org.uk

'Mike' 27-07-2007 11:00 AM

"Red Wine headache"

"shazzbat" wrote in message I
should rephrase "feel bad". I'm not embarrassed or ashamed of it, I
just
wish that I could enjoy it like others obviously do.

I am the same as you. I have given up trying to drink red wine. The
hangover is dreadful too:( I drink white wine or gin and never
have a headache or a hangover!!

I drink white wine AND gin and I still don't get one.

White Wine, Rum, Whiskey, Brandy, none of these present any problem ;-))

Good job I hav spel chequer. I'm not as think as you drunk i am hic

Sacha 27-07-2007 11:18 AM

"Red Wine headache"

On 27/7/07 10:03, in article , "shazzbat"
wrote:

snip

I'm suddenly not feeling so bad about being unable to stand red wine. It all
tastes like vinegar to me, even some quite expensive ones I've tried when
wine lovers have told me "You're not drinking the right ones, try this".

Steve

I wouldn't worry about it at all, ever. A friend of ours cannot abide the
taste of alcohol in any form, so she never drinks it. She has a glass of
tonic water with a splash of Angostura bitters in it and some ice and
everyone thinks she is having a 'proper' drink and doesn't pester her asking
why she's just on water!
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Uncle Marvo 27-07-2007 11:26 AM

"Red Wine headache"

, I, Marvo, say :

"shazzbat" wrote in message I
should rephrase "feel bad". I'm not embarrassed or ashamed of it, I
just
wish that I could enjoy it like others obviously do.

I am the same as you. I have given up trying to drink red wine. The
hangover is dreadful too:( I drink white wine or gin and never
have a headache or a hangover!!

I drink white wine AND gin and I still don't get one.

LOL well OK!! So do I, but not in the same glass:))

I have been known to drink Gin and Onion when the tonic's run out.

Uncle Marvo 27-07-2007 11:43 AM

"Red Wine headache"

, I, Marvo, say :

"Uncle Marvo" wrote in message
, I, Marvo, say :

"Uncle Marvo" wrote in
message ...
, I, Marvo, say :

"shazzbat" wrote in message
I should rephrase "feel bad". I'm not embarrassed or ashamed of
it, I just
wish that I could enjoy it like others obviously do.

I am the same as you. I have given up trying to drink red wine.
The hangover is dreadful too:( I drink white wine or gin and
never have a headache or a hangover!!

I drink white wine AND gin and I still don't get one.

LOL well OK!! So do I, but not in the same glass:))

I have been known to drink Gin and Onion when the tonic's run out.

?? New one on me:)

It was on me, too. I wouldn't do it again.

The Reid[_2_] 27-07-2007 11:46 AM

"Red Wine headache"

Following up to "Uncle Marvo"
wrote:

Gin and Onion

I like the sound of that!
--
Mike
(remove clothing to email)

Cerumen[_3_] 27-07-2007 02:46 PM

"Red Wine headache"

"shazzbat" wrote in message I
should rephrase "feel bad". I'm not embarrassed or ashamed of it, I
just
wish that I could enjoy it like others obviously do.

I am the same as you. I have given up trying to drink red wine. The
hangover is dreadful too:( I drink white wine or gin and never
have a headache or a hangover!!

I drink white wine AND gin and I still don't get one.

You have to sober up before you can get a hangover :-))

--
Chris, West Cork, Ireland.
Festina lente

Ophelia[_2_] 27-07-2007 03:00 PM

"Red Wine headache"

"shazzbat" wrote in message I
should rephrase "feel bad". I'm not embarrassed or ashamed of it, I
just
wish that I could enjoy it like others obviously do.

I am the same as you. I have given up trying to drink red wine. The
hangover is dreadful too:( I drink white wine or gin and never
have a headache or a hangover!!

I drink white wine AND gin and I still don't get one.

You have to sober up before you can get a hangover :-))

hehe I never thought of that one :))

Cerumen[_3_] 27-07-2007 03:34 PM

"Red Wine headache"

"shazzbat" wrote in message I
should rephrase "feel bad". I'm not embarrassed or ashamed of it, I
just
wish that I could enjoy it like others obviously do.

I am the same as you. I have given up trying to drink red wine. The
hangover is dreadful too:( I drink white wine or gin and never
have a headache or a hangover!!

I drink white wine AND gin and I still don't get one.

You have to sober up before you can get a hangover :-))

Ha. I am undone :-)

I speak from some experience so in a way I am also.

--
Chris, West Cork, Ireland.
Festina lente

Uncle Marvo 27-07-2007 03:43 PM

"Red Wine headache"

, I, Marvo, say :

"shazzbat" wrote in message
I should rephrase "feel bad". I'm not embarrassed or ashamed
of it, I just
wish that I could enjoy it like others obviously do.

I am the same as you. I have given up trying to drink red
wine. The hangover is dreadful too:( I drink white wine or gin
and never have a headache or a hangover!!

I drink white wine AND gin and I still don't get one.
You have to sober up before you can get a hangover :-))

Ha. I am undone :-)

I speak from some experience so in a way I am also.

HOW many pints of Guinness....? ;-)

The only Irishman I know well can't stand Guinness. He can drink me under
the table on lager though.