Old 28-07-2007, 12:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default OT ?? for Emery

Emery, do you happen to know what has happened to Chateau de la Jaubertie.
In terms of the consistency of the quality, has it 'settled down', would you
know? Have the family turmoils resolved themselves?

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 28-07-2007, 01:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Sat, 28 Jul 2007 12:03:00 +0100
Sacha wrote:

Emery, do you happen to know what has happened to Chateau de la Jaubertie.
In terms of the consistency of the quality, has it 'settled down', would you
know? Have the family turmoils resolved themselves?

Hi Sacha,

Don't know them personally. If you mean the Bergerac, the quality appears high
and the price good.

There are so many wines in the world!

As for consistency, bottle variation plagues every non-industrial producer, especially
with the cork crisis. If they were having issues, hopefully they've managed to work it
out.

Sorry, that doesn't help much, perhaps,

-E
--
Emery Davis
You can reply to ecom

Old 28-07-2007, 01:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Sacha wrote:

Emery, do you happen to know what has happened to Chateau de la Jaubertie.
In terms of the consistency of the quality, has it 'settled down', would you
know? Have the family turmoils resolved themselves?

Hi Sacha,

Don't know them personally. If you mean the Bergerac, the quality appears
high
and the price good.

There are so many wines in the world!

As for consistency, bottle variation plagues every non-industrial producer,
especially
with the cork crisis. If they were having issues, hopefully they've managed
to work it
out.

Sorry, that doesn't help much, perhaps,

If the quality seems high etc. then perhaps it has resolved itself. There
were some family troubles going on apparently. We tried to buy it when we
got back here and Majestic, who had stocked it, said they'd had to stop
because of lack of consistency. But that was about 6 years ago, which was I
wondered if you'd heard anything of it. I haven't found it since, either.
It was the Ryman stationery family that bought the chateau, having sold the
Ryman business.

Old 28-07-2007, 02:11 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Sacha wrote:

[...]

Yes, it's owned by Ryman. They received a "top pick" from Hachette for
their 2004 Bergerac Sec, and 2 of 3 stars for the 2005.

They'd probably be happy to ship to the UK, although I don't know what
such an operation would cost. Anyway their contact info is

Ch. de la Joubertie
24560 Colombier
tel: +33 (0)5 53 58 32 11
fax +33 (0)5 53 57 46 22
email:

They could at least tell you who the importer to the UK is, and possibly point
you at a retail outlet.

Ah, I see now that William Mason carries it,
http://www.williammasonfinewines.co.uk.
Price is 78 £ for 12. (Got this through www.wine-searcher.com, a very useful site).
For reference the prix depart is about 72 EU a case, so it might make sense to ship.

prosit!

-E

Old 28-07-2007, 03:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 28/7/07 14:11, in article , "Emery
Davis" wrote:

On Sat, 28 Jul 2007 13:50:55 +0100
Sacha wrote:

On 28/7/07 13:06, in article
, "Emery

Sacha wrote:

[...]

Many thanks, Emery. We'll look into it. I'd love to get some if we can so
I'm very grateful!