Old 30-07-2007, 02:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Untying

I have a reasonable sized grapevine and a smallish black-eyed susan.

The susan is only for this year, the grapevine (hopefully) more permanent.

I have put in some timber trelliswork and in order to get Mr Grape to go
where I want it, I had to "untie" the susan, which had managed to wind
itself quite tightly round the string and the vine. It took ages, and I was
very careful. However, Ms Susan no longer sports the flowers in the morning
as it used to. Have I traumatised it, or will it recover? I have an ipomoeia
which has done the same thing on the other vine, I am loath to touch it if
it is not going to survive.