Old 29-08-2007, 09:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Anyone notice ........

.... who keeps stoking the fire?

Kindest regards

Mike

Reunion Bournemouth August/September 2007 FULL. WAIT LIST OPERATING
www.rneba.org.uk to find your ex-Greenie mess mates
www.iowtours.com for all ex-Service Reunions. More being added daily

Old 29-08-2007, 09:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

yes - you!

although I would like to add this is like a quarrel in the playground.
Oooohh we love you, ooo we hate you!!

ignore, killfile.

"'Mike'" wrote in message
... who keeps stoking the fire?

Kindest regards

Mike

Reunion Bournemouth August/September 2007 FULL. WAIT LIST OPERATING
www.rneba.org.uk to find your ex-Greenie mess mates
www.iowtours.com for all ex-Service Reunions. More being added daily
"Navy Days" Portsmouth 25th - 27th July 2008. RN Shipmates will have a
Stand

Old 29-08-2007, 09:53 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Space" wrote in message
yes - you!

Sorry, wrong.

I will give you a clue. Even when I am away cruising, I still monitor via
satellite but am unable to post. HOWEVER, the arguments and aggression goes
on :-((.

Now if I am not posting, who is stoking the fire?

Kind regards

Old 30-08-2007, 06:57 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Anne Jackson" wrote in message
The message from "'Mike'" contains these words:

.... who keeps stoking the fire?

Were you, perchance, a stoker when doing your National Service?

--
AnneJ

Don't you just wish I were? You could hang that hat on me then couldn't you?

Wrong. Go back and look and see who stokes the fire, it's not me. The
argument fire is always stoked even when I am away on a cruise, just do a
bit of research.

I am unable to post on here when I am cruising because of satellite
connections, pick my mail up and carry on that side of business yes, and
read all my newsgroups yes, but contribute, no.

Check back, or don't you wish to see the truth???????

Kindest possible regards

Old 30-08-2007, 02:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Wed, 29 Aug 2007 21:44:49 +0100, "Space"
wrote:

yes - you!

He never, ever, misses an opportunity to start or aggravate an
argument between other people so that he can watch them fight it out.

Fortunately most people on here have sussed him out, but there is
always a new visitor that he can work on.

Old 30-08-2007, 02:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Anne Jackson" wrote in message
The message from "'Mike'" contains these words:

.... who keeps stoking the fire?

Were you, perchance, a stoker when doing your National Service?

When I joined, I was courting a girl whose father had been a stoker,
unfortunately he had been killed, but I thought, being a bit of an idiot,
that it would be quite romantic if I was a stoker as well, however when I
arrived at HMS King Arthur and was asked what I wanted to do, I was told
they weren't conscripting stokers that day so I would have to chose
something else!

Old 30-08-2007, 04:01 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote:

yes - you!

He never, ever, misses an opportunity to start or aggravate an
argument between other people so that he can watch them fight it out.

Fortunately most people on here have sussed him out, but there is
always a new visitor that he can work on.

Might I respectfully suggest that you do a little research and see just who
stokes the agro fire? If you do, and are honest with yourself, you will see
it is not me.

Sorry.

Old 30-08-2007, 04:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 30/8/07 14:37, in article ,
"Alan Holmes" wrote:

"Anne Jackson" wrote in message
The message from "'Mike'" contains these words:

.... who keeps stoking the fire?

Were you, perchance, a stoker when doing your National Service?

When I joined, I was courting a girl whose father had been a stoker,
unfortunately he had been killed, but I thought, being a bit of an idiot,
that it would be quite romantic if I was a stoker as well, however when I
arrived at HMS King Arthur and was asked what I wanted to do, I was told
they weren't conscripting stokers that day so I would have to chose
something else!

Round Table polishing? ;-)

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 30-08-2007, 08:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Anne Jackson" wrote in message
The message from "Alan Holmes" contains these
words:
"Anne Jackson" wrote:
The message from "'Mike'" contains these words:

.... who keeps stoking the fire?

Were you, perchance, a stoker when doing your National Service?

When I joined, I was courting a girl whose father had been a stoker,
unfortunately he had been killed, but I thought, being a bit of an idiot,
that it would be quite romantic if I was a stoker as well, however when I
arrived at HMS King Arthur and was asked what I wanted to do, I was told
they weren't conscripting stokers that day so I would have to chose
something else!

You're tryng to tell me that you actually served on a _ship_? (or was
it a boat?)

Apparently not everyone who served in the Navy got to serve aboard
a ship/boat... That doesn't stop them making a whole 'song and dance'
about it, of course...

--
AnneJ

I take it you know the difference between a 'ship' in the Royal Navy and a
'boat' do you?

In the words of the once greatest net nanny "I think not"

:-((

Old 30-08-2007, 10:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Anne Jackson" wrote:
The message from "'Mike'" contains these words:

.... who keeps stoking the fire?

Were you, perchance, a stoker when doing your National Service?

When I joined, I was courting a girl whose father had been a stoker,
unfortunately he had been killed, but I thought, being a bit of an idiot,
that it would be quite romantic if I was a stoker as well, however when I
arrived at HMS King Arthur and was asked what I wanted to do, I was told
they weren't conscripting stokers that day so I would have to chose
something else!

You're tryng to tell me that you actually served on a _ship_? (or was
it a boat?)

Apparently not everyone who served in the Navy got to serve aboard
a ship/boat... That doesn't stop them making a whole 'song and dance'
about it, of course...

The 'ship' was the Butlins holiday camp at Skegness, and apparently it had
been sunk by the germans 4 times!

It was the middle of winter, and none of the chalets had doors, I had a
strock of luck whilst there when I was knocked over by a fellow on a bike,
the doctor would not allow me to go on to the next camp until he was sure
that I was fit enough, when I got to the next training camp I was told that
the

I was actually in the FAA and in all my time, I never got to fly in an
aeroplane, and the only sea time I got was a pennyworth on the Gosport
ferry!

But the whole experience was to change my life compleltely!

Old 30-08-2007, 10:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Anne Jackson" wrote:
[...]

Know something? Not only do I not _know_, I also don't CARE!

A boat, a ship, they're both the same to me...

What on earth are you wasting your time answering this idiot for!

Old 30-08-2007, 10:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Anne Jackson" wrote:
[...]

Ship=big iron thing floats on sea. Boat=big iron thing sails under the sea.
There are subtleties beyond that but unless you're cruising (;- ) on one
you really don't need to worry. If you *are* cruising on the QE2 and it
turns into a boat, all of you are in trouble. ;-)