Old 02-09-2007, 10:06 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default New lawnmover - Hayter Spirit..?

"Simon Coupland" wrote in message
I am looking for a new lawnmower for a medium sized lawn and was directed
to a Hayter.

I want a petrol, roller and self propelled. I have seen the Hayter Spirit
41 619.

Does anyone have any views on this mower or the overall range from Hayter.
Would you suggest other makes rather than Hayter.

Hayter make good mowers, Spirit is their budget range, not to be compared
with the Harrier.

Old 02-09-2007, 10:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

--
Simon Coupland
Peak District, UK
"Road_Hog®" wrote in message

"Simon Coupland" wrote in message
I am looking for a new lawnmower for a medium sized lawn and was directed
to a Hayter.

I want a petrol, roller and self propelled. I have seen the Hayter Spirit
41 619.

Does anyone have any views on this mower or the overall range from
Hayter. Would you suggest other makes rather than Hayter.

Hayter make good mowers, Spirit is their budget range, not to be compared
with the Harrier.

But this model still costs around £350, My wheeled Flymo cost less that a
hundred more than ten years ago and has only just broken (wheel fell off),
so £350 is a lot in my eyes.

Does the fact it's their budget model mean it's a poor choice - I could get
a £200 mower from B&G/Homebase - or am I way too cheap..?

cheers

simon

Old 03-09-2007, 06:49 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Road_Hog®" wrote in message

"Simon Coupland" wrote in message
I am looking for a new lawnmower for a medium sized lawn and was directed
to a Hayter.

I want a petrol, roller and self propelled. I have seen the Hayter
Spirit 41 619.

Does anyone have any views on this mower or the overall range from
Hayter. Would you suggest other makes rather than Hayter.

Hayter make good mowers, Spirit is their budget range, not to be compared
with the Harrier.

But this model still costs around £350, My wheeled Flymo cost less that a
hundred more than ten years ago and has only just broken (wheel fell off),
so £350 is a lot in my eyes.

So put a new wheel on and save £350

Does the fact it's their budget model mean it's a poor choice - I could
get a £200 mower from B&G/Homebase - or am I way too cheap..?

Horse for courses, depends on the size of yer lawn and how lazy you feel...

Old 03-09-2007, 08:31 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

--
Simon Coupland
Peak District, UK

"Road_Hog®" wrote in message

"Simon Coupland" wrote in message
I am looking for a new lawnmower for a medium sized lawn and was
directed to a Hayter.

I want a petrol, roller and self propelled. I have seen the Hayter
Spirit 41 619.

Does anyone have any views on this mower or the overall range from
Hayter. Would you suggest other makes rather than Hayter.

Hayter make good mowers, Spirit is their budget range, not to be
compared with the Harrier.

But this model still costs around £350, My wheeled Flymo cost less that a
hundred more than ten years ago and has only just broken (wheel fell
off), so £350 is a lot in my eyes.

So put a new wheel on and save £350

Could do, although its the plastic bracket that broke, I guess I could try
and get spares from Flymo - just after 10 years I thought that might be too
long...

The whole mower is tired, so I was look at replacing anyway, just waiting
for something to break before I changed.

Thanks for the feedback to all...

cheers

simon

Hayter Lawn mower sale in Oxford damian Marketplace 0 27-04-2009 10:28 AM
Special Lawnmover Oil a Con? zzapper United Kingdom 6 27-04-2008 08:36 PM
Lawnmover problem Bienvenue Lawns 10 01-10-2006 01:35 AM
Lawnmower - Hayter Envoy? Brownie United Kingdom 28 07-03-2004 09:32 AM
Recommend Cheapest Place for Hayter Mowers delivered? Gary United Kingdom 3 09-03-2003 11:56 AM