Old 07-09-2007, 11:10 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default What's the name of ..?

Can anyone tell me the proper name for the plant being sold a suitable
for a pot or hanging basket which looks just like gypsophila but appears
to be shrubby of sorts and is supposedly a Euphorbia?
It has tiny white flowers held out from the plant in sprays like a
wedding bouquet, or gypsophila.
I have one similar plant in my garden which is not a Euphorbia , it's
some long name like aman.....
Anyway It's the hanging basket/pot/ plant I would like to identify.

We broke a piece of the stalk off last night at the Ballinger evening
show (after judging of course!) and it does seem to weep a milk spa but
it seems to have a main stem then side shoots which do seem to be woody
unlike any Euphorbia.
I am sure someone here will know ...............

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
Old 07-09-2007, 03:26 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Janet Tweedy
writes
Can anyone tell me the proper name for the plant being sold a suitable
for a pot or hanging basket which looks just like gypsophila but
appears to be shrubby of sorts and is supposedly a Euphorbia?
It has tiny white flowers held out from the plant in sprays like a
wedding bouquet, or gypsophila.
I have one similar plant in my garden which is not a Euphorbia , it's
some long name like aman.....
Anyway It's the hanging basket/pot/ plant I would like to identify.

We broke a piece of the stalk off last night at the Ballinger evening
show (after judging of course!) and it does seem to weep a milk spa but
it seems to have a main stem then side shoots which do seem to be woody
unlike any Euphorbia.
I am sure someone here will know ...............

Janet

Googling finds me a plant by the name of Euphorbia 'Diamond Frost'. Does
this look anything like your plant?
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley
Old 07-09-2007, 04:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 7 Sep, 11:10, Janet Tweedy wrote:
Can anyone tell me the proper name for the plant being sold a suitable
for a pot or hanging basket which looks just like gypsophila but appears
to be shrubby of sorts and is supposedly a Euphorbia?
It has tiny white flowers held out from the plant in sprays like a
wedding bouquet, or gypsophila.
I have one similar plant in my garden which is not a Euphorbia , it's
some long name like aman.....
Anyway It's the hanging basket/pot/ plant I would like to identify.
We broke a piece of the stalk off last night at the Ballinger evening
show (after judging of course!) and it does seem to weep a milk spa but
it seems to have a main stem then side shoots which do seem to be woody
unlike any Euphorbia.
I am sure someone here will know ...............

I keep thinking of the Heuchera 'Stormy sea' or 'Ametis mist' which
are happy in pots (mine are). There's the euphorbia amygdaloid, but
that one doesn't look anything like gypsophila nor would it be happy
in a basket or pot. And finally the closest I come to gypsophila is
Petrorhagia saxifraga and Thalictrum (white meadow rue).

Old 07-09-2007, 06:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Sacha
writes

Janet

Euphorbia corollata? Bacopa? Tradescantia 'Bridal Veil'? Thalictrum
delavayi 'Alba'

No I know those Sacha but Stewart clever man that he is has found it on
Google where I could only get loads of sites with yellow flowered
Euphorbias!

I have it as Inneuphe (think that's the spelling,) it didn't die last
year in the ground though it is struggling a bit.

It is actually "Diamond Frost" have a look at it, it looks very
striking!

http://www.pallensmith.com/index.php...task=view&Plan
tID=172

Janet

Old 07-09-2007, 07:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Janet Tweedy
writes
In article , Sacha
writes

Janet

Euphorbia corollata? Bacopa? Tradescantia 'Bridal Veil'? Thalictrum
delavayi 'Alba'

No I know those Sacha but Stewart clever man that he is has found it on
Google where I could only get loads of sites with yellow flowered
Euphorbias!

I started off with something like Euphorbia "white-flowered" "hanging
basket"

I have it as Inneuphe (think that's the spelling,) it didn't die last
year in the ground though it is struggling a bit.

Now you mention this, I find that it is Euphorbia hypericifolia
'Inneuphe' DIAMOND FROST - that is 'Inneuphe' is the cultivar (and PBR
registration name) and Diamond Frost the selling name.

Old 07-09-2007, 11:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 7/9/07 18:04, in article , "Janet Tweedy"
wrote:

In article , Sacha
writes

Janet

Euphorbia corollata? Bacopa? Tradescantia 'Bridal Veil'? Thalictrum
delavayi 'Alba'

No I know those Sacha but Stewart clever man that he is has found it on
Google where I could only get loads of sites with yellow flowered
Euphorbias!

I have it as Inneuphe (think that's the spelling,) it didn't die last
year in the ground though it is struggling a bit.

It is actually "Diamond Frost" have a look at it, it looks very
striking!

http://www.pallensmith.com/index.php...task=view&Plan
tID=172

Janet

That's a Euphorbia. We have it from Kernock Park Plants who are propagating
and distributing it. I was asking Ray and Matthew what they thought you
might be describing and Ray went and got this plant and held it up for me to
see! It's absolutely lovely and I'm sure you'll enjoy growing it very much.
(It's got a PBR pending on it BTW!) It's beautiful.
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 09-09-2007, 02:27 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Sacha
writes

(It's got a PBR pending on it BTW!) It's beautiful.

Ah does that mean I have to destroy my three cuttings?

janet

Old 09-09-2007, 03:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In message , Janet Tweedy
writes
In article , Sacha
writes

(It's got a PBR pending on it BTW!) It's beautiful.

Ah does that mean I have to destroy my three cuttings?

janet

Probably not.

http://www.defra.gov.uk/planth/pvs/pbrguide.htm

"Plant Breeders' Rights do not extend to any act done for private and
non-commercial purposes, for experimental purposes or for the purpose of
breeding another variety"

--
Stewart Robert Hinsley
Old 09-09-2007, 05:12 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 9/9/07 14:27, in article , "Janet Tweedy"
wrote:

In article , Sacha
writes

(It's got a PBR pending on it BTW!) It's beautiful.

Ah does that mean I have to destroy my three cuttings?

janet

Absolutely. You're a definite threat to the capitalist society. ;-)

Old 10-09-2007, 12:52 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Sacha
writes

Ah does that mean I have to destroy my three cuttings?

janet

Absolutely. You're a definite threat to the capitalist society. ;-)

Well i wanted to keep some in case it died overwinter. It has been sold
around here as a conservatory plant or a tender annual at least so maybe
that's why mine isn't flourishing in the garden?

--
Janet Tweedy
Amersham Gardening Association

Scientific Name Eschsclozia californica COMMON NAME CALIFORNIA POPPY Family Name Papavaraceae Paddy's Pig[_7_] Garden Photos 4 23-03-2011 06:44 PM
Scientific Name Salvia mellifera COMMON NAME BLACK SAGE Family Name Lamiaceae Paddy's Pig[_7_] Garden Photos 1 23-03-2011 08:22 AM
[IBC] Tree Name Database. Was [IBC] Name Meaning Nicolas Steenhout Bonsai 0 16-10-2004 10:45 AM
orchid name lookup rick Orchids 8 09-02-2003 08:01 AM
And the name is..... apostolis Bonsai 1 27-01-2003 10:05 PM