Old 10-09-2007, 08:48 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Use of a fruit cage ?

We have need of a fruit cage and I have a need to build a new
workshop. I have worked out how to do both but an idea came to me
this morning - that good thinking time just before you really wake up
- of effectively putting the two together.

My planning yesterday included a 700 mm path between the cage and the
workshop, but the path wouldn't really lead anywhere and will be
difficult to maintain, so this morning's inspiration was why not just
mount the cage on the side of the workshop, and if I build that of
blocks rather than weatherboarding I'll have low maintenance,
sheltered south facing wall something like 3m high and 4m long.

The question is - what could I grow against it that would benefit from
the netting ? We're near Edinburgh.

Thanks

Rob

Old 10-09-2007, 02:04 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

wrote in message
ups.com...
We have need of a fruit cage and I have a need to build a new
workshop. I have worked out how to do both but an idea came to me
this morning - that good thinking time just before you really wake up
- of effectively putting the two together.

My planning yesterday included a 700 mm path between the cage and the
workshop, but the path wouldn't really lead anywhere and will be
difficult to maintain, so this morning's inspiration was why not just
mount the cage on the side of the workshop, and if I build that of
blocks rather than weatherboarding I'll have low maintenance,
sheltered south facing wall something like 3m high and 4m long.

The question is - what could I grow against it that would benefit from
the netting ? We're near Edinburgh.

Thanks

Rob

Figs, Plums, Cherries,

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

Fruit Cage FarmI Edible Gardening 4 06-06-2009 12:19 AM
Fruit Cage FarmI Australia 4 06-06-2009 12:19 AM
Fruit cage netting? Charlie Pridham[_2_] United Kingdom 10 06-01-2009 07:39 PM
Fruit cage design Chris United Kingdom 1 10-06-2003 07:56 PM
fruit cage advice uncle.wilco United Kingdom 0 31-05-2003 04:45 PM