GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Bluebell bulb suppliers (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/164701-bluebell-bulb-suppliers.html)

Chris Hogg 11-09-2007 08:31 PM

Bluebell bulb suppliers

I'm looking for a reliable supplier of true English bluebell bulbs,
free from hispanic contamination. A search on the net brings up
several UK suppliers, but some of the associated pictures look
decidedly hybrid, which raises doubts in my mind. If they don't know
the difference between hybrids and true English bluebells well enough
to get the right picture, how reliable are their bulbs?

Does anyone know a reliable supplier of true English bluebell bulbs?

--
Chris

Sacha 11-09-2007 09:19 PM

Bluebell bulb suppliers

On 11/9/07 20:31, in article ,
"Chris Hogg" wrote:

I'm looking for a reliable supplier of true English bluebell bulbs,
free from hispanic contamination. A search on the net brings up
several UK suppliers, but some of the associated pictures look
decidedly hybrid, which raises doubts in my mind. If they don't know
the difference between hybrids and true English bluebells well enough
to get the right picture, how reliable are their bulbs?

Does anyone know a reliable supplier of true English bluebell bulbs?

Googling produces
http://www.eurobulbs.co.uk/acatalog/Bluebells.html

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Sally Thompson 11-09-2007 10:09 PM

Bluebell bulb suppliers

On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 20:31:56 +0100, Chris Hogg wrote
(in article ):

I'm looking for a reliable supplier of true English bluebell bulbs,
free from hispanic contamination. A search on the net brings up
several UK suppliers, but some of the associated pictures look
decidedly hybrid, which raises doubts in my mind. If they don't know
the difference between hybrids and true English bluebells well enough
to get the right picture, how reliable are their bulbs?

Does anyone know a reliable supplier of true English bluebell bulbs?

I have used and been happy with Shipton Bulbs:
http://www.bluebellbulbs.co.uk/Catalogue/Native%20bulbs.htm

--
Sally in Shropshire, UK
Burne-Jones/William Morris window in Shropshire church with conservation

Robert \(Plymouth\)[_51_] 12-09-2007 08:34 AM

Bluebell bulb suppliers

"Sacha" wrote in message
. uk...
On 11/9/07 20:31, in article ,
"Chris Hogg" wrote:

I'm looking for a reliable supplier of true English bluebell bulbs,
free from hispanic contamination. A search on the net brings up
several UK suppliers, but some of the associated pictures look
decidedly hybrid, which raises doubts in my mind. If they don't know
the difference between hybrids and true English bluebells well enough
to get the right picture, how reliable are their bulbs?

Does anyone know a reliable supplier of true English bluebell bulbs?

Googling produces
http://www.eurobulbs.co.uk/acatalog/Bluebells.html

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk
South Devon
(remove weeds from address)
children.'

What about these, they describe them as true English
http://www.broadleighbulbs.co.uk/

®óñ© © ²°¹°-°³ 12-09-2007 05:39 PM

Bluebell bulb suppliers

On Tue, 11 Sep 2007 20:31:56 +0100, Chris Hogg wrote
and included this (or some of this):

Does anyone know a reliable supplier of true English bluebell bulbs?

My beloved just bought some in Tesco

--
®óñ© © ²°¹°-°³

Chris Hogg 12-09-2007 08:15 PM

Bluebell bulb suppliers

Thanks for those links. Certainly more promising than the couple I
looked at.

--
Chris

adder1969 13-09-2007 01:49 PM

Bluebell bulb suppliers

On Sep 12, 8:15 pm, Chris Hogg wrote:
Thanks for those links. Certainly more promising than the couple I
looked at.

--
Chris

Whenever I read about bluebells it says to buy them "in the green" is
that what you do or do you get success with bulbs?

Chris Hogg 13-09-2007 06:12 PM

Bluebell bulb suppliers

On Thu, 13 Sep 2007 05:49:47 -0700, adder1969
wrote:

On Sep 12, 8:15 pm, Chris Hogg wrote:
Thanks for those links. Certainly more promising than the couple I
looked at.

--
Chris

Whenever I read about bluebells it says to buy them "in the green" is
that what you do or do you get success with bulbs?

I've no idea, but I know it applies to snowdrops.

--
Chris

[email protected] 13-09-2007 06:20 PM

Bluebell bulb suppliers

On Sep 13, 6:12 pm, Chris Hogg wrote:

Whenever I read about bluebells it says to buy them "in the green" is
that what you do or do you get success with bulbs?

I've no idea, but I know it applies to snowdrops.

I did a trial a few years ago, snowdrops in the green and just
snowdrop bulbs. The result was staggering, the side of the garden
done in the green was beautiful and the side by bulb was sparse for
the first couple of years although they did almost catch up but not
quite.

BoyPete sent me a load of bluebell bulbs and I would like to thank
him, I did post but I don't know if he is here any more?

Judith

call-me 15-09-2007 08:05 AM

Bluebell bulb suppliers

Watch out - As virtually all of the bulbs sold by the big chains do
not come from English stock. They are from Holland, to name just one
country.