Old 05-10-2007, 08:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Can anyone identify a gardening book.......?

Some years ago (10+ perhaps), I started a book and never got really into it.
It then went missing.

It was about someone who bought a house in France and converted the garden.
The book was mainly about their labour of love on the garden. It was in the
same vein as Peter Mayle's A Year in Provence..but about gardening.

Can anyone identify the book? I'd really like to find it and finish it!

- Mark

url:http://www.myreader.co.uk/gp/1344-1.aspx
Old 05-10-2007, 08:29 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

In article , Mark Eadie
says...
Some years ago (10+ perhaps), I started a book and never got really into it.
It then went missing.

It was about someone who bought a house in France and converted the garden.
The book was mainly about their labour of love on the garden. It was in the
same vein as Peter Mayle's A Year in Provence..but about gardening.

Can anyone identify the book? I'd really like to find it and finish it!

- Mark

url:http://www.myreader.co.uk/gp/1344-1.aspx

Can't help with the book - but it sounds like our life story though!
--
David in Normandy (converting our French bramble jungle into a garden)
:-)
Old 06-10-2007, 01:10 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 5/10/07 20:20, in article ,
"Mark Eadie" wrote:

Some years ago (10+ perhaps), I started a book and never got really into it.
It then went missing.

It was about someone who bought a house in France and converted the garden.
The book was mainly about their labour of love on the garden. It was in the
same vein as Peter Mayle's A Year in Provence..but about gardening.

Can anyone identify the book? I'd really like to find it and finish it!

- Mark

url:
http://www.myreader.co.uk/gp/1344-1.aspx

One that comes to mind is Diary of a French Herb Garden by Geraldene Holt.
There's another I'm trying to remember and which I've got stashed away
'somewhere'. If I can find it, I'll post that name, too!
--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 09-10-2007, 05:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 6/10/07 13:10, in article
, "Sacha"
wrote:

On 5/10/07 20:20, in article ,
"Mark Eadie" wrote:

Some years ago (10+ perhaps), I started a book and never got really into it.
It then went missing.

It was about someone who bought a house in France and converted the garden.
The book was mainly about their labour of love on the garden. It was in the
same vein as Peter Mayle's A Year in Provence..but about gardening.

Can anyone identify the book? I'd really like to find it and finish it!

- Mark

url:
http://www.myreader.co.uk/gp/1344-1.aspx

One that comes to mind is Diary of a French Herb Garden by Geraldene Holt.
There's another I'm trying to remember and which I've got stashed away
'somewhere'. If I can find it, I'll post that name, too!

No reaction from Mark, so here's another I think it might be: An English
Garden in Provence by Natasha Spender. Sir Stephen & Lady Spender created a
wonderful garden at the Mas St Jerome in the Alpilles. In 1999 the entire
place was burned to the ground in a forest fire, garden and all - after
forty years of loving work. There's a biography of her here - amazing
woman.
http://tinyurl.com/2hxsf3